The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I really wanted it to work for Campbell, but I'm not sure what he has done over either of his loans to warrant a new deal. I would have hoped he could have nailed down a regular spot in League Two, but he seems to have spent the majority of his time there either on the bench or not making the matchday squad. 

6 minutes ago, d31 said:

So releasing Myslovic, Markanday, Gorter, Coulson, Kennedy, Watkins, Campbell and McLennan.

Selling (or moving on) McCrorie, Roberts, Polvara, Stewart and Lewis.

Top signings of Clarkson, an attacking midfielder and a left wing back.
First team signings of Shinnie, Devlin, an extra striker, Scales, Pollock/alternative and another centre half.
Squad players of a back up goalkeeper and potentially another full back
Short term reprieves for Besuijen, Barron, Morris and possibly Richardson.
If there is a good deal on the table for Barron and we know both McCrorie and Polvara are away for cash then I'd keep Campbell

If Campbell can’t get a game for Stevenage, we shouldn’t be wanting him back. 
Clarkson back (maybe unlikely), Levitt from Dundee Utd, Shinnie, Ramadani & promote the young lad whose captain of the u-18’s, Finlay something (?) - that’s centre mid with 5 bodies. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I really wanted it to work for Campbell, but I'm not sure what he has done over either of his loans to warrant a new deal. I would have hoped he could have nailed down a regular spot in League Two, but he seems to have spent the majority of his time there either on the bench or not making the matchday squad. 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

If Campbell can’t get a game for Stevenage, we shouldn’t be wanting him back. 
Clarkson back (maybe unlikely), Levitt from Dundee Utd, Shinnie, Ramadani & promote the young lad whose captain of the u-18’s, Finlay something (?) - that’s centre mid with 5 bodies. 

I agree bin Campbell hence wrote that initially but happy to have him as cheap back fill if we have fees to take for all of McCrorie, Barron and Polvara which is probably unlikely

3 centre mids/an attacking mid to compete/rotate with Shinnie and Ramadani. Sell Barron. Unpopular opinion but I don't want Dylan Levitt.

3 new centre backs. Sell/release Anthony Stewart.

A left back. Hopefully Scales rejoins permanently.

A new right back to compete with Devlin. Sell/release Richardson.

A young upcoming back up Goalie. Tom Ritchie.

2 new strikers. Another unpopular opinion but I'd consider selling Duk this summer. He's got 2 years left on his contract. Selling him now would probably give us maximum value for him and the money would certainly help rebuild the squad.

Ryan Duncan, Milne and Bavridge to feature more next season.

38 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

3 centre mids/an attacking mid to compete/rotate with Shinnie and Ramadani. Sell Barron. Unpopular opinion but I don't want Dylan Levitt.

2 new strikers. Another unpopular opinion but I'd consider selling Duk this summer. He's got 2 years left on his contract. Selling him now would probably give us maximum value for him and the money would certainly help rebuild the squad.

Not a fucking chance should we be considering selling Duk. 

Don't get the love for Duncan. Hasn't cut it for me. I know he's been playing centre mid for the majority of his appearances but never thought he's actually done anything in the games. I'd loan him out next season. 

22 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Not a fucking chance should we be considering selling Duk. 

Don't get the love for Duncan. Hasn't cut it for me. I know he's been playing centre mid for the majority of his appearances but never thought he's actually done anything in the games. I'd loan him out next season. 

I agree regarding Duncan however he's only young and needs time to develop. Ideally a loan spell would do him good however we have to register a number of home grown players for European competition.

On a side note, Tony Docherty has been made the Dundee manager.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65745474

Edited by HarleyQuinn

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Totally agree about Dylan Levitt, he's proven himself not good enough at Dundee United.

No way should we be considering selling Duk especially with the possibility of Miovski being out for months

5 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Totally agree about Dylan Levitt, he's proven himself not good enough at Dundee United.

No way should we be considering selling Duk especially with the possibility of Miovski being out for months

I'd also say no to Jason Kerr (at Wigan recovering from knee/Cruciate ligament damage) and Jack Fitzwater (just been released by livingston).

44 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Whoever the personnel are next season, i'd like to see us recruiting a balanced squad for the way we're going to play.  

Correct. 

The game at tynecastle really exposed how poorly our squad was assembled last summer. Shades of the days mark McGhee had about 6 crap strikers and loaned our only full back to rangers in exchange for…a crocked striker. 

2 minutes ago, d31 said:

I dont think we'll be selling Duk or Miovski for various reasons.

We'll offer both new contracts and I would presume both will say no thanks

I think you may be surprised. They'll both have gathered many admirers after this season and someone like Southampton may be willing to spend silly money in an attempt to get promoted to the Premiership at first time of asking. If the moneys right Aberdeen will sell. 

I'm ok with Duk being sold as I have faith in the recruitment team (we'd have the funds) to replace him. Just to clarify I don't want him to leave but our model is to develop and sell players on.

Yes we’re not in a position to say we won’t sell duk or miovski at any cost. Our hand would be forced by the money on offer and/or their desire to go. 

The dynamic with benfica is quite interesting in that the 50% cut to them does reduce our incentive to sell - I wonder how much say (if any) benfica have in the matter. Not a scenario I’ve seen before. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes we’re not in a position to say we won’t sell duk or miovski at any cost. Our hand would be forced by the money on offer and/or their desire to go. 

The dynamic with benfica is quite interesting in that the 50% cut to them does reduce our incentive to sell - I wonder how much say (if any) benfica have in the matter. Not a scenario I’ve seen before. 

Yeah I've always wondered about having such a high cut that surely there is a fee release clause in there somewhere otherwise the club is very unlikely to ever sell thus rendering the high %age pretty counter productive. 

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I've always wondered about having such a high cut that surely there is a fee release clause in there somewhere otherwise the club is very unlikely to ever sell thus rendering the high %age pretty counter productive. 

Ryan Fraser the case for that one

35 minutes ago, gannonball said:

My understanding is that the high cut was put in place so that we got Duk on a free from Benfica. They must have been fairly confident that he would make them some money down the line. I'm comfortable with that.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Whoever the personnel are next season, i'd like to see us recruiting a balanced squad for the way we're going to play.  

Hopefully we don’t sign players to fit a certain style of play and completely change that style play a couple of months into the season…

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's always a chance because they play at the top end of the park.

Clubs can get desperate and there is a lot of cash sloshing around these days. I'd still be surprised though.

On top of the 15 players we need to sign recruitment team should also prepare for requirement to bring in a star striker.