The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Think this would be a pretty decent move for McInnes. Sunderland were obviously tragically bad this season but you'd imagine will still be one of the better teams in that league, good chance he could be managing in the English top flight after a few seasons.

23 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

It's not like the papers to publish unsettling stories before a team plays an OF side in a big match though eh?

If he does leave, we should look at Alex Neil.

For me it would be between Alex Neil, Alan Archibald, and Jack Ross.

Butthurt that I don't want Tommy Wright's turgid brand of football anywhere near my football club. :thumsup2

Worth noting in McInnes' final season with us we scored a mammoth 23 goals over the 38 league games. Nothing TW has served up has come anywhere near the complete shitfest nature of that season.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Butthurt that I don't want Tommy Wright's turgid brand of football anywhere near my football club. :thumsup2

Baws. Alex Neil is the best of your choices but generally they're a bad bunch. A team with the stature and standing that Aberdeen have should be aiming a lot higher.

I'm not as down on Wright as some Dons fans; I rate him, and think - with all due respect to St Johnstone - that he deserves a shot at a 'bigger job' in the near future. I would have him over, say, Archibald at this point in time. Having said that, if McInnes did move on, Neil would likely be my preferred choice out of the 'obvious' candidates. Graham Alexander at Scunthorpe might be another one I'd like us to consider, although whether he would be interested is another issue. 

Needless to say, hopefully McInnes stays put at Pittodrie for the foreseeable future - but I do think he would be a sensible appointment for Sunderland and I can understand why he might be tempted to make the move if any approach was made. 

Worth noting in McInnes' final season with us we scored a mammoth 23 goals over the 38 league games. Nothing TW has served up has come anywhere near the complete shitfest nature of that season.

The 74 league goals and 7-0, 7-2, 6-0, 5-1, 4-0 (x3) victories we've had this season are probably more relevant.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

The 74 league goals and 7-0, 7-2, 6-0, 5-1, 4-0 (x3) victories we've had this season are probably more relevant.

Why?

When McInnes was in the same position as Wright, with one of the smallest budgets in the league, the football was turgid and defensive, more so than anything I've seen under TW.