The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The Sun reckon GMS is signing on loan. Is that even possible, given that Christie is also over 21? 

The rule when the SPFL began was certainly only one "overage" loanee from a club in the same division.

We can't get GMS on loan

We are allowed 2 from the same Club if they are in a different division

Scottish media at its finest

(Unless there has been a rule change I'm not aware of)

13 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Lafferty
King
Wallace
Wilson
Black

Diet ****

tim.png

Only one of those players plays for Hertz. Three of them were at us first and two came through our youth setup.

Edit: Billy King has never played for Rangers. :lol:

Edited by Elixir

Pretty sure someone on Twitter pulled up the rules from the SPFL, saying that they'd expanded it to allow two players from a club, so long as it was between divisions. If we're in the same division then it's still limited to one. 

FWIW I'd probably take him on a permanent deal, so long as we didn't have to stump up any cash and he was on a reasonable wage. Another loan seems pretty pointless, seeing as we'll likely have to beat Celtic if we want to win a cup, and having to sit out two prominent attackers would totally disrupt the balance of the team. I'm not exactly overjoyed about the prospect of having to drop Christie either, but he's a much more exciting player than GMS and the benefits in the other games probably outweigh the cons for the one or two games where it'll hurt us. 

tim.png
Only one of those players plays for Hertz. Three of them were at us first and two came through our youth setup.

I thought you were referring to Hayes too.

So we only have 1 player on loan from Celtic so not sure of your point.

Loaning two players from Celtic is pretty fucking stupid especially two who could easily be first picks the week before but then we suddenty have to drop them both for the Celtic match.

Obviously the rules don't even allow it to happen as a loan it would appear.

I'm not even sure I'd be that keen on a permanent transfer but thats what it'll need to be. Perhaps its a 'loan' in that Celtic will continue to pay a portion of his wages rather than paying him off

You would think any newspaper would do the most rudimentary research before publishing an article like that. But I suppose this is The Sun we're talking about. 

Mackay-Steven would have been a decent addition given McInnes' expressed desire to add a winger to the squad, but he is contracted to Celtic until 2019 and his wage demands would almost certainly be too high for us to justify signing him permanently. I would rather have Christie of the two, but he would be a sensible loan signing for plenty of other Premiership teams. 

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

You would think any newspaper would do the most rudimentary research before publishing an article like that. But I suppose this is The Sun we're talking about. 

Mackay-Steven would have been a decent addition given McInnes' expressed desire to add a winger to the squad, but he is contracted to Celtic until 2019 and his wage demands would almost certainly be too high for us to justify signing him permanently. I would rather have Christie of the two, but he would be a sensible loan signing for plenty of other Premiership teams. 

I think they changed the rules last season - If he could sign then I would hate to go in the league/scottish cup and try and beat Celtic with 2 players that can't play against them - bad enough last season with Christie in the Scottish Cup final!

7 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Hahahahaha this guy. 

What a sadsack. 

What's these bams' motivation? Is there some kind of benefit from having a lot of followers on twitter? I don't understand it. There seems to be a fair bit of it about.

What's these bams' motivation? Is there some kind of benefit from having a lot of followers on twitter? I don't understand it. There seems to be a fair bit of it about.

AgentScotland has almost 30k followers off the back of it. It's mental.

Edit: FFS! People actually replying to him...

30d6cd2eb97499ba8af57351e325f3db.jpg

Edited by capt_oats