The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

We've missed the influence of Russell Anderson since he retired to organise us at the back. Big Kari can take on that role, with ease. Fitness will be important but, managed correctly, he could really help us.

1 minute ago, cilitbang said:

Is Consadine surplus to requirements with you lot? Wondering if he is the left sided CB Archie might be going for? (just speculation here)

Not a cat in hells chance.

Consi going nowhere

A one club player

I'm very happy with the attacking midfield options now. Christie, GMS, McLean, Maynard, Stewart and Wright. Possibly with maloney coming in too.

Now for a commanding centre back. If Kari Arnason signs I'll be buzzing but I don't think that's happening.

Buzzing my tits aff. Absolutely love big kari! Welcome home! [emoji7]

We might see mclean dropping back in to the centre mid position alongside tansey with shinnie going to left back.

As much as it pains me to say it but if we are going to kick on in Europe and try to push celtic/win a cup then considine will probably need to become a squad player.

He'll be vulnerable without Hayes covering and doesn't have the pace to live with technically good , fast wingers.

9 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

We might see mclean dropping back in to the centre mid position alongside tansey with shinnie going to left back.

As much as it pains me to say it but if we are going to kick on in Europe and try to push celtic/win a cup then considine will probably need to become a squad player.

He'll be vulnerable without Hayes covering and doesn't have the pace to live with technically good , fast wingers.

If Shinnie moves to LB then I wouldn't be surprised if it's Reynolds who becomes a squad player with Considine moving to CB alongside Arnason. Other than Pace, Reynolds is a worse player than Considine IMO (though to be fair, he may rediscover some form when he is next to someone like Arnason rather than Taylor / O'Connor).

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Never heard of the c**t.

Sure you will, he loves a 30 yard screamer on Tannadice St.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

If Shinnie moves to LB then I wouldn't be surprised if it's Reynolds who becomes a squad player with Considine moving to CB alongside Arnason. Other than Pace, Reynolds is a worse player than Considine IMO (though to be fair, he may rediscover some form when he is next to someone like Arnason rather than Taylor / O'Connor).

Reynolds was woeful last night as he was for much of last season. The definite weak link in defence. 

I would have preffered to get rid of him and keep Taylor. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Reynolds was woeful last night as he was for much of last season. The definite weak link in defence. 

I would have preffered to get rid of him and keep Taylor. 

He's been poor since Anderson retired, but when he had him alongside coaching him through games he was very effective; there's a chance Arnason could have the same effect on him. I agree though, he has been our most consistently poor CB for at least the last year. Taylor and O'Connor had the odd disastrous moment which cost goals, but Reynolds has consistently been poor positionally, in terms of decision making and with distribution. Considine is the better left sided CB for me.