The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Possibly a silly question but I had totally forgotten that the diddy teams start the league cup really early these days and that Motherwell are playing today. Will Moult be cup tied? I'm aware he's carrying a knock of some sort so I'm assuming he isn't playing today but if he gets a game in the groups before we sign him (if we do)?

There are two competitions Aberdeen can realistically win and now one of our apparent targets is ineligible for one of them. Seems a bit short-sighted from a club who are apparently wanting to sell him in a game they were already winning.

There are two competitions Aberdeen can realistically win and now one of our apparent targets is ineligible for one of them. Seems a bit short-sighted from a club who are apparently wanting to sell him in a game they were already winning.

Just as well that appearance doesn't stop him playing in competitions England then eh?

Just having a wee think about line ups.

Lewis

Logan Arnason Reynolds Shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie GMS

Maynard

Probably our strongest team there. Reynolds is the weak link which shows how far we've come. Hopefully having the iceman alongside him will bring the old Reynolds back.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Your logic and/or patter is brutal.

Cool, thanks for the critique. I'll be sure to pass my future posts via you in order to ensure my thought process and content quality meet your high standards.

Cool, thanks for the critique. I'll be sure to pass my future posts via you in order to ensure my thought process and content quality meet your high standards.

You'd be best doing that, as Aberdeen fans in general are a decent bunch on here. Can't have you sullying their good name.

I think it really is too soon for folk to be declaring what our best XI looks like, especially considering the number of regulars we have been forced to replace over a relatively short period of time. 

I hope and believe that Árnason will be a good signing and will improve our defence, but we haven't even seen him play a single minute in this team yet. As for the players who made their competitive debuts on Thursday, it is too early to judge how they will perform given time: Mackay-Steven had promising moments but struggled for an end product, Tansey had a strong first half but a more subdued second, Maynard didn't make a big impression but didn't have long, and Stewart had some nice touches.

As for the old-timers, they will also require time to adjust to their new teammates. It is too early to start calling for Considine to be dropped, for example. Considine was excellent last season, but he will have to adjust to not having Hayes and McGinn's defensive efforts to call upon. He had a decent first half on Thursday, but struggled when he was more exposed in the second. He, like other players, will need time to adjust to the summer additions - and that will require some patience from the fans.