The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Christie is available I presume is the posting.

Both Allan and Christie will complete their pre-season with Celtic before in all probability heading out again. Loan or permanent is the question.

i think the john mcginn bid by celtic will bring to a head the futures of Allan, Christie, Hayes and Morgan.

Lennon will certainly be interested in all of them but do the ones that have played under McInnes then express a preference to go to AFC?

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, d31 said:

i think the john mcginn bid by celtic will bring to a head the futures of Allan, Christie, Hayes and Morgan.

Lennon will certainly be interested in all of them but do the ones that have played under McInnes then express a preference to go to AFC?

Lewis Morgan is the next great hope so I wonder if he'll be kept at Parkhead and maybe even break into their first team ?

There's no benefit to Celtic to send Hayes out on loan. He's too old. He'll remain a fringe player, and will probably move on at the end of this coming season (maybe back to Pittodrie ?)

Are both Allan and Christie good enough to be fighting for a first team place under Rodgers ? I suspect not, and I think Celtic will be happy to let both of the go. I doubt though if they'll be within the price range of either Aberdeen or Hibs. If Hibs sell McGinn to Celtic then I've no doubt that Allan will be used as part of the deal though.

I'm not comfortable, and never have been, with Aberdeen helping Celtic along by developing their younger players for them. If we can't buy Christie, let's move on.

If Aberdeen want Christie permanently then it is going to cost them around 400k at least to get him. They would need to buy out the last year in his contract along with paying celtic a fee. He is on around 6k a week and would drop to around 3k at Aberdeen so it would cost around 156k to pay him his final year of his celtic contract.  Aberdeen would then need to pay around 250k to Celtic for him I would imagine if not more as I am sure some English championship clubs wouldn't hesitate to tie him up on a deal. It is the same for hibs with scott allan as he is apparently on around 8k a week for another year when hibs can realistically only pay him around 2.5k.

Yeah after how half-hearted his performances looked second half of the season I'm not sure I would pay that either.

Agree with this. For the first 2 months of last season he was man of the match nearly every week. Then his form just seemed to completely collapse and he went on a long run of being no more than average. The managers persistence with him was one of my frustrations early this year.

He does have some talent but I’m far from convinced he is worth a fee anything like the numbers being quoted here.

2 hours ago, bpdon said:

Agree with this. For the first 2 months of last season he was man of the match nearly every week. Then his form just seemed to completely collapse and he went on a long run of being no more than average. The managers persistence with him was one of my frustrations early this year.

He does have some talent but I’m far from convinced he is worth a fee anything like the numbers being quoted here.

There must have been a clause in his loan deal that said he had to play a certain amount of games as long as he was fit. It's not like there were other guys in amazing form but the way McInnes would rotate everyone but him in the attacking positions was baffling at times.