The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Young lad who is mostly a right back but has also played centre half and centre mid. Not played for the first team yet. 

If it's true would probably mean the Dons are signing a right sided defender soon.

Young lad who is mostly a right back but has also played centre half and centre mid. Not played for the first team yet. 
If it's true would probably mean the Dons are signing a right sided defender soon.

No idea what the original basis of it is but apparently there's word of him coming here. We currently have a grand total of 0 right backs so it would make sense.

Anybody go to Arbroath tonight? 

I know you can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that we need to prioritise a new striker. That's not just as a squad player, such as Watt or even arguably Schalk, but somebody who can come in and immediately stake a claim to be a regular starter. 

Cosgrove finished the season well enough; encouraging play back-to-goal and in the air, but, perhaps unsurprisingly given his previous scoring record, didn't pose much of a goal threat. Rooney isn't good enough at bringing others into play and too often underwhelms against the 'big' teams, and arguably isn't even as much of a goal threat from open play as he has been in seasons gone. I still have hopes for May, but, barring a couple of positive performances, he didn't do nearly enough to justify the fee paid for him after returning from injury in the second half of last season. 

Anybody go to Arbroath tonight? 

I know you can't read too much into pre-season friendlies, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that we need to prioritise a new striker. That's not just as a squad player, such as Watt or even arguably Schalk, but somebody who can come in and immediately stake a claim to be a regular starter. 

Cosgrove finished the season well enough; encouraging play back-to-goal and in the air, but, perhaps unsurprisingly given his previous scoring record, didn't pose much of a goal threat. Rooney isn't good enough at bringing others into play and too often underwhelms against the 'big' teams, and arguably isn't even as much of a goal threat from open play as he has been in seasons gone. I still have hopes for May, but, barring a couple of positive performances, he didn't do nearly enough to justify the fee paid for him after returning from injury in the second half of last season. 

I went along tonight, although results/performance are not that important as it is about fitness. That said the biggest problem isn’t the strikers it was creating a chance apart from the goal which was a nice passing move we created nothing - we are serious lacking any width in the team. Dreadful typical preseason game but on a positive note I felt Devlin looked solid at the back.

Agree that lack of creation was main problem again tonight but even when we did  get the ball in the box Cosgrove was rarely even close to being in the right position. Cannot fault his work rate but he just does not look like he knows where the goal is.  

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Are there any players linked with us that aren’t just made up rumours by attention seekers on AFC-Chat?

site full of wee gobshites ... regards last night Devlin looks the part and Forrester impressed....   West Brom friendly two weeks tomorrow ,   you would hope 2 quality signings have arrived by then  .   . if there is f**k all by then,    we can then worry   ...striker has to be  priority and we can only dream about an attacking left back ..

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, d31 said:

apparently we've offered David McGoldrick a contract but he has loads of offers to weigh up

He's linked with both Aston Villa and West Brom, so I doubt if we'll be seeing him any time soon in front of the Big Dick with a Dons scarf over his head.