The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Again, any reportable progress. The level of Bosman player I'd hope we're looking at should be thinking they can get a Championship club so won't be rushing to sign for us. Similarly clubs won't be desperate to shift fringe players unless they have replacements coming in.

Its probably fair to say we have little chance of getting past Burnley regardless of who we sign. If (and it's a big if given McInnes' signings so far) we end up with a stronger squad at the end of August than we would given the options available this week I think that's probably the right decision, frustrating as it is.

Get away with your logical, rational thinking.

We demand a big name signing now.   I insist that my 218 quid  ( or whatever it was) be used to sign Messi

Just now, d31 said:

Rumours don't come more random than this

Rooney to Salford City for an undisclosed fee

pipping Dundee Utd and St Johnstone

Zero chance we were/are after Rooney. We've got three senior strikers, and two younger options, and a couple of positions needing filled. 

Rooney 'on the verge' of joining Salford City, according to the Scottish Sun. I don't rate him anymore, but, if it is true, that is a proper step down - you can only assume that they are willing to pay him really decent money to drop to the National League.

Rooney 'on the verge' of joining Salford City, according to the Scottish Sun. I don't rate him anymore, but, if it is true, that is a proper step down - you can only assume that they are willing to pay him really decent money to drop to the National League.

That’s bizarre to say the least.

You think his agents told him he’s going to Manchester, to sign for city?

Aberdeen's budget is gonna take a hell of a kicking when they give us the £2m for Ferguson.
That should explain their lack of serious transfer activity. 

Trumps visit to NDP will only add another ‘0’ to that figure.

Unlucky sheep it’s time to pay up.

We will accept Kingsford Stadium as method of payment.

Need somewhere for our outstanding Youth Academy to house their new Aberdeen branch.

13 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Trumps visit to NDP will only add another ‘0’ to that figure.

Unlucky sheep it’s time to pay up.

We will accept Kingsford Stadium as method of payment.

Need somewhere for our outstanding Youth Academy to house their new Aberdeen branch.

Sooner Hamilton get to f**k the better for the whole of the Scottish Premiership.

I'll go against the grain on here. Letting Adam Rooney go does not sit well with me whatsoever. While he maybe didn't have his greatest season last season, with May not performing well & Cosgrove being so limited in front of goal, we are going to be short of a natural goalscorer. Needs an exceptional signing to sort it. Very sad.

Rooney     .   regards two strikers coming if  leaves  i cant see it      Anderson is going to get his chance over the season and rightly so..  docherty  talking him up the other week.     i would expect couple  players in this week..   for me Mulumba type and pacey striker and full back is the places  to be  filled..   the best quality is going to be coming with loans  and that might not be till later in august.     some the shit  our fans are  greeting about   .  ..wee gobshites  

I'll go against the grain on here. Letting Adam Rooney go does not sit well with me whatsoever. While he maybe didn't have his greatest season last season, with May not performing well & Cosgrove being so limited in front of goal, we are going to be short of a natural goalscorer. Needs an exceptional signing to sort it. Very sad.

He’s extremely limited and one dimensional, if he’s starting then we have literally one way to play as he doesn’t work well with a partner and doesn’t link the play with the rest of the team.

Cosgrove as a target man was a good option towards the end of the season, and him and May showed potential for a partnership in the Hearts game. If we’re going to continue to compete I think we need a bit more from a front man than what Rooney can provide.

He’s extremely limited and one dimensional, if he’s starting then we have literally one way to play as he doesn’t work well with a partner and doesn’t link the play with the rest of the team.

Cosgrove as a target man was a good option towards the end of the season, and him and May showed potential for a partnership in the Hearts game. If we’re going to continue to compete I think we need a bit more from a front man than what Rooney can provide.
Difference being Rooney is a goalscorer and that's what the game is about. He's all of the above but he's a goalscorer. The game is after all about scoring goals.

Alan Burrows on twitter confirms that Salford City are paying a lot of cash this summer as they outbid is for a player.

Fifth tier of the game down south. Actually pretty sad indictment of the game in general. I appreciate they have substantial backers but come on to f**k what chance do we now have.

Difference being Rooney is a goalscorer and that's what the game is about. He's all of the above but he's a goalscorer. The game is after all about scoring goals.

McInnes is perhaps looking for a striker who can score goals and contribute to the team beyond that - if anything I reckon he should’ve done this before now.