The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

would expect another two come in before next week ......you would think  one would definitely be permanent .....cash is there   ..but could be the famous 

we are keeping it for the January window  ...Christie still getting mentioned   but to be fair Mcinnies usually pulls a name fae nowhere .

As for the Mckenna bids fae  ****  ...its  great see them waste  there time ..  they got nae chance with him .  

After today’s “news” about Celtic starting the process of getting Scott McKenna, I would really hope that Aberdeen come out and say that he will NEVER be sold to another Scottish club, and kill this thing stone dead. Otherwise it’s going to be a long time until midnight on 31st August.

After today’s “news” about Celtic starting the process of getting Scott McKenna, I would really hope that Aberdeen come out and say that he will NEVER be sold to another Scottish club, and kill this thing stone dead. Otherwise it’s going to be a long time until midnight on 31st August.

Why?

That’s a dangerous road where we start releasing statements in response to a news story in the sun FFS.

As long as privately we have no intention to sell then let the weegie press talk shit. Who cares?

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why?

That’s a dangerous road where we start releasing statements in response to a news story in the sun FFS.

As long as privately we have no intention to sell then let the weegie press talk shit. Who cares?

I’m a worrier.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why?

agree... and nothing worry about he aint going nowhere this window....  celtic board trying to look they mean business 

and failing badly ...like there deluded followers

As said above McKenna is worth more to us than to them. We've got him on a long term deal so we can afford to be patient and with apparent interest from other rich clubs this is unlikely to be in the interest of Aberdeen to sell to Celtic at this time unless they come in with a stupid bid (something I can't imagine Celtic doing for a player from another Scottish club).

i really hope you stand strong against them and hold out for the valuation you want not what they think! prepare for £1m + christie or similar pish.

mckenba could be the difference between 2nd and as low as 4th or even 5th.

besy of luck anyway guys

Sunderland after Christie as well apparently. Can't believe he's out of contract next summer already. Whilst he's obviously played a lot for Aberdeen over the last couple of seasons it's yet another Scottish youngster hoovered up by Celtic and then never played.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

Aberdeen have apparently quoted Celtic £7.5m for mckenna. that will be the end of that then

I suppose it depends if they sell Boyata for the 8 or 9m then if that is Aberdeen starting position on negotiation then that is a worry. I always hope Aberdeen never sell any of our decent players to our Scottish Premiership rivals.

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

If it’s the same McKenna at 2.25 mins in this clip then no thanks, we’ve enough donkeys that can do that.

Big mistake there, but he has had some decent games.

Serious point though, I think hes a good player - but one that has only played 30 times for Aberdeen !!

I cant understand for the life of me how they come to the conclusion in that period that hes worth £10 M ???

Mind you, if Jack Hendry is the yardstick (£1 M+?) then McKenna is probably worth £30 Million :whistle

Serious point though, I think hes a good player - but one that has only played 30 times for Aberdeen !!
I cant understand for the life of me how they come to the conclusion in that period that hes worth £10 M ???
Mind you, if Jack Hendry is the yardstick (£1 M+?) then McKenna is probably worth £30 Million :whistle

Will now be a Scotland regular.
Captained Scotland.
Captained Aberdeen
CONTRACT TO 2023

We don’t need to sell him. Hence why we are asking for a ridiculous amount.

Minimum would be 4-5M + Christie + ?

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You really don’t understand how this works, do you? No one is saying, or thinking, that Scott McKenna is worth £10m. What Aberdeen are saying that he is not for sale at the moment, but if someone really wants him, and they offer £10m, they will get him.

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Will now be a Scotland regular.
Captained Scotland.
Captained Aberdeen
CONTRACT TO 2023

We don’t need to sell him. Hence why we are asking for a ridiculous amount.

Minimum would be 4-5M + Christie + ?

Captained Scotland - your reaching a bit, that was the same tour that Lewis Stevenson got a cap !

£5 Million, no chance of Celtic paying that.

I suppose that cash is possible if he goes down south, but not til hes played a bit more - as I said, if he was all that, why didnt he go for the big bucks to a half decent sized English club in the window?