The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The fact that it wasn’t even a foul is the reason why I’m about throw my desk out of an office window...

Despite not being surprised by the appeal decision, I am in full on melt down & heads gone territory. The games a bogey.

Just now, bpdon said:

Despite not being surprised by this, I am in full on melt down, heads gone territory with this.

Same, my lunchtime salad has been eaten in a seething cloud of fume.

Sort of expected after the last few ridiculous decisions that they might have said "hang on lads, if we don't rescind this one, it's a long season and we're going to totally give the game away here."

It appears they're not particularity bothered. But I am , just to be clear.  Quite bothered. 

An absolutely pathetic decision.  Do they have to give an explanation as to how they came to their verdict? 

It's a booking at worst and I'm stunned that they haven't downgraded it.

The thrust of AFCs evidence to support the appeal and the panels reasons for theirs decision will be posted here later today: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Shocking but totally expected. 

These recent decisions can only be explained in that sevco are actually the appeals committee. This is maybe part of this 5 way agreement.....

If only we had managed to stand up to the SPL a few years ago when rangers died. We could have used a vote and have gotten rid of the ridiculous 11-1 voting structure totally biased in favour of celtic/sevco. Then brought in some proper governance.....

Oh wait....Stewart Milne......... Cheers for that....

I think that is a shocking but not surprising decision but the real outcry is yet to come.

This will happen.  In next few weeks a player from anyone other than Rangers will have a sly kick out at an opponent.  The appeals panel will meet and pass the death sentence on said player.  I am assuming they have the power to do that. The same weekend Morelos will attack an opponents goalie with an axe severing his arm and be politely spoken too.  The appeals panel will then meet and advise that as the axe was not sharp enough they uphold the original punishment.  

Ok maybe a slight work of fiction but trust me when I say the next non Rangers player will not get off at all. 

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to refereeing decisions on the pitch. The do tend to even themselves out, and with one chance to view the action, the refs have a tough job. Shite refereeing decisions are also very fucking funny and IMO an integral part of the game.

However the fact that someone can look at that Devlin incident with the benefit of repeat viewings and different angles, and STILL come to the conclusion it's a red, is absolutely wild. Ditto with Dicker. There needs to be more transparency on how the decisions are come to, and by what criteria do they assess it.

FTOF

There needs to be more transparency on how the decisions are come to, and by what criteria do they assess it.

Yup - agree with this. The SFA “reasons” docs all imply that the obligation is on the clubs to prove that there was an obvious refereeing error. I am struggling to find a definition of what that the criteria is for an obvious error in SFA parlance.

Regardless, by any measure of common sense, Devlin’s red was contemptible fuddery from the BITB.

It’s times like this when you remember the THREE goals we had disallowed at Hamilton. The goal we had disallowed at Tannadice.

Then the belter...

Can’t remember the Ref admitted that he couldn’t award a penalty when Stavrum went down against the Old Company as we would have went 2 up and dealt a blow to their title challenge.....

Edit:

It was McCurry. The same game as Ricksen violently kicking Derek Young. Which was also missed....

Luckily the scum won 2-1 of course...

evening all. looks like you have assembled a reasonable team this season but do you think its capable of 2nd again this season? looks like you are really lacking a goalscorer (aren't we all) to mount a serious challenge against sevco. whats the general opinion on May? from the outside it looks like that horrific injury has finally caught up with him. really got to feel for the lad.

also whats the opinion on you not getting gorgeous greg back this year? he didnt seem to set the heather alight last year for you but from my limited viewing me appeared to be out of position. the goal he scored last saturday was fantastic and he looked fitter than at anytime last season.

also if the £7m bid is true hats off to Milne and the board for sticking to their guns and rurning it down. its refreshing to see scottish clubs sticking up for themselves recently and bringing in what they want not the minimum thats offered.

good luck to you lot sticking it to Sevco again this year (apart from the obvious games for me!)

evening all. looks like you have assembled a reasonable team this season but do you think its capable of 2nd again this season? looks like you are really lacking a goalscorer (aren't we all) to mount a serious challenge against sevco. whats the general opinion on May? from the outside it looks like that horrific injury has finally caught up with him. really got to feel for the lad.

also whats the opinion on you not getting gorgeous greg back this year? he didnt seem to set the heather alight last year for you but from my limited viewing me appeared to be out of position. the goal he scored last saturday was fantastic and he looked fitter than at anytime last season.

also if the £7m bid is true hats off to Milne and the board for sticking to their guns and rurning it down. its refreshing to see scottish clubs sticking up for themselves recently and bringing in what they want not the minimum thats offered.

good luck to you lot sticking it to Sevco again this year (apart from the obvious games for me!)

I think we have the players and the manager to grind out second, but we need to find a settled XI soon. Injuries and suspensions (*shakes fist at SFA*) are stopping us right now, but hopefully the young lads can fill in.

This feels a lot like last season when everyone was unhappy, and we still finished second, so we'll see.

I'm angry at Greg. He was pish last year. How dare he be good against us?! Apparently admitted his attitude was shite last year and has screwed the nut. I'm furious.

Selling McKenna made no sense. He's contracted to the club longer than anyone else (2023) including the manager. The bid was a weird load/cash/permanent in January type thing as well, so if he'd gone down and been shite we'd have probably lost out on the fee. Not really worth the risk. He'll probably be away next summer.

I really like Stevie May the person. I don't know if I like him as a footballer, but there's no one in the club I want to do well more than him.