The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Regardless of all the wind ups on here from other clubs fans, we will miss McKenna and any club that buys him is getting a great defender who will only keep improving. Aberdeen are in a very difficult position here. If they hold out for the fee they want and don’t get it, what kind of Scott McKenna do we have from now until January at least. If it is the agent that is solely behind this, and McKenna is still happy to play for us, then it would be a great move by the club. But if McKenna is going to be hacked off with this and down tools, it’s a big mistake. Hopefully Derek McInnes knows McKenna’s mindset and knows what the club should do. If the request was handed in on Saturday, yesterday’s match was a good sign. Mckenna gave everything for the cause against that thug Ikpeazu, including getting a few batterings and getting up to take even more. I would love from him to stay, but not if he’s going to drop his standards.

5 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Is that Aberdeen keeping their players captive now? What happened to Derek McInnes trademark charm that got Funso so deeply and intimately touched on a personal level? Can't he turn that on for Scott no more?

OHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

This  post is dripping with Funso related seeth. Fantastic stuff!!!

What's this aim this season? scraping in to top 6?

17 minutes ago, red23 said:

OHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

This  post is dripping with Funso related seeth. Fantastic stuff!!!

What's this aim this season? scraping in to top 6?

Not getting pumped off us every single time we play them would be a good start

9 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Not getting pumped off us every single time we play them would be a good start

"Pumped"

Scorelines between Hibs and Aberdeen last season. 

0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 2-1, 2-1.

"Pumped"

The season before Aberdeen won 2 out of 4 encounters.

Really disappointed in McKenna's decision, doubly so with the timing of it.

I think we had all accepted that he was going to get sold at some point in the near future ( 12 months) but to have signed that long term deal and then do this, diminishes him in my eyes  ( not that he will be bothered by that ! )  I can only guess he's trying to force the club's hand.

16 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I wasn’t even born when that game was played RandomGuy stop living in the past.

Well played.

Latest report, from Scott Burns, make it sound like May is walking away from his contract with you to join us. Relevant part is hes seemingly not taking any form of pay off for the remaining two years.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well played.

Latest report, from Scott Burns, make it sound like May is walking away from his contract with you to join us. Relevant part is hes seemingly not taking any form of pay off for the remaining two years.

That's the pull St Johnstone have, nobody wants to play football wearing red.

14 hours ago, big al said:

He’s not going to Celtic.

The clue is in the timing.............him and his agent could have done all this three weeks down the line if that was his preferred destination.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well played.

Story elsewhere was that he wanted £30,000 from you guys as a signing on fee, up front.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Story elsewhere was that he wanted £30,000 from you guys as a signing on fee, up front.

Aye theres a bit in the same article that says he wanted a fee and that's why the deal broke down, but hes now no longer wanting one.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye theres a bit in the same article that says he wanted a fee and that's why the deal broke down, but hes now no longer wanting one.

I guess if it gets the deal done then he'll have to cut his cloth. There's not a queue of wealthy clubs looking at him.

2 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I wasn’t even born when that game was played RandomGuy stop living in the past.

Think I'd rather concede five than a goal by Ash Taylor tbh