The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'd like to know what McInnes thought he was going to learn about Main in a few months that wasn't patently apparent to the vast majority of people before we handed him a two-year contract. 

I think Mcinnes realises that Aberdeen fans always need to latch on to one of our own players to absolutely despise every year. Main has filled that role admirably. Top quality lightning-rod for moaning.

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If you think back, Stevie May rejected your offer as well. Where is he now, let me think?

You realise that makes no sense dont you?

As in, St Johnstone rejecting a player is a vastly different scenario to a players agent rejecting a club.

FWIW May sacked his agent and forced the deal through himself eventually.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You realise that makes no sense dont you?

As in, St Johnstone rejecting a player is a vastly different scenario to a players agent rejecting a club.

FWIW May sacked his agent and forced the deal through himself eventually.

I can tell that you’re a wee bit concerned that Curtis will be wearing the famous blue St Johnstone strip come 1st February.

2 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

I think Mcinnes realises that Aberdeen fans always need to latch on to one of our own players to absolutely despise every year. Main has filled that role admirably. Top quality lightning-rod for moaning.

Usually a tall striker will fulfil that role - which I suppose makes Super Sam's switch from fitting perfectly into chief scapegoat (donkey, carthorse, bombscare etc).........into a Ballon d'Or front runner all the more remarkable.

McInnes likes guys that had a good game against us in Scottish Cup semi-finals..........and St Johnstone like taking them off us.  If McGeouch doesn't work out, he may be off there too, but that looks less likely.

Edited by tarapoa

45 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Usually a tall striker will fulfil that role - which I suppose makes Super Sam's switch from fitting perfectly into chief scapegoat (donkey, carthorse, bombscare etc).........into a Ballon d'Or front runner all the more remarkable.

McInnes likes guys that had a good game against us in Scottish Cup semi-finals..........and St Johnstone like taking them off us.  If McGeouch doesn't work out, he may be off there too, but that looks less likely.

You have to remember that Main and May played in winning teams against, so no chance that McGeouch is going to Perth.

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I'd like to know what McInnes thought he was going to learn about Main in a few months that wasn't patently apparent to the vast majority of people before we handed him a two-year contract. 

Aye. Can't think of one fan who was even slightly positive about the move.

'Aberdeen need January changes' - McInnes

FT: Aberdeen 0-1 Motherwell

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes tells BBC Radio Scotland his team needs fresh faces before the January window shuts after a punishing loss to Motherwell.

"We’ve been over-reliant on Sam Cosgrove and when he’s not at his best – as he’s not been the last couple of games – it’s up to others to contribute," he says.

"We are looking to make the necessary changes in the last week or so of this window, and hopefully we can make those changes, because the team needs it.

"The result wasn’t what we wanted. We were the better team, had good opportunities to score, but when you defend the goal as poorly as we did, you deserve to get punished. We still had enough time to get ourselves back into it. We nullified a good side for long periods, I was just looking for more confidence and quality in that final bit. We had umpteen deliveries into their box."

In disbelief at that.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

'Aberdeen need January changes' - McInnes

FT: Aberdeen 0-1 Motherwell

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes tells BBC Radio Scotland his team needs fresh faces before the January window shuts after a punishing loss to Motherwell.

"We’ve been over-reliant on Sam Cosgrove and when he’s not at his best – as he’s not been the last couple of games – it’s up to others to contribute," he says.

"We are looking to make the necessary changes in the last week or so of this window, and hopefully we can make those changes, because the team needs it.

"The result wasn’t what we wanted. We were the better team, had good opportunities to score, but when you defend the goal as poorly as we did, you deserve to get punished. We still had enough time to get ourselves back into it. We nullified a good side for long periods, I was just looking for more confidence and quality in that final bit. We had umpteen deliveries into their box."

In disbelief at that.

“Please don’t sack me”