The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'm a realist but I fucking hate hearing the manager repeatedly saying "going for 3rd.. "

Not so bothered about that but I watched the presser and I was irritated at his insistence we played well on Wednesday backed up with ‘lots of crosses into the box’.

That’s not playing well FFS derek.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not so bothered about that but I watched the presser and I was irritated at his insistence we played well on Wednesday backed up with ‘lots of crosses into the box’

All about opinion, however much i agree with you he's entitled to his.The defeatest shit before a ball is kicked ,to me is no bueno.

Does Kennedy play in a system with Hedges and Mcginn? Probably not.
If so I imagine Hedges will get dropped as he's been far from convincing this season.
Pretty disappointing considering he was probably our second biggest signing this summer.
Also leaves us with seven wingers. (Wilson, Wright, Gallagher, Hedges McLennan, Mcginn and Kennedy). Even though Wright has probably played his last game for us you'd think one of the others will need to go.

Just now, TheDon99 said:

Hes played all across for the front for us and performed there, so he should be fine.

Was arguably at his best central behind Watt.

1 minute ago, TheDon99 said:

If so I imagine Hedges will get dropped as he's been far from convincing this season.
Pretty disappointing considering he was probably our second biggest signing this summer.
Also leaves us with seven wingers. (Wilson, Wright, Gallagher, Hedges McLennan, Mcginn and Kennedy). Even though Wright has probably played his last game for us you'd think one of the others will need to go.

Wilson isn't a winger, no matter how badly McInnes will try to make him one. The same manager who stuck Adam Rooney on the left wing. 

Fully expecting Kennedy to be our new left-back. 

I have liked what I've seen from Kennedy against us for St Johnstone. We desperately need creativity through the middle, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him get a shot as the number 10 behind Cosgrove with Ferguson as the number 8 and McGeouch or Ojo sitting. 

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I have liked what I've seen from Kennedy against us for St Johnstone. We desperately need creativity through the middle, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him get a shot as the number 10 behind Cosgrove with Ferguson as the number 8 and McGeouch or Ojo sitting. 

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/11/30/the-emergence-of-st-johnstone-lead-by-matty-kennedy

This was written when he was playing in the middle.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Hes played all across for the front for us and performed there, so he should be fine.
Thay would mean dropping one of Ferguson, McGeouch or Ojo. Either way it means somebody on a large wage will be playing on the bench.
However that wont look out of place with Wilson and Gleason nowhere near the starting XI.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wondered about this. When I've seen Kennedy I always think of him as a left winger.

However, we're crying out for a guy that play just off Cosgrove and link the midfield with attack. If you say that Kennedy can play there then that's good to know.

If anything, Wednesday's result against Motherwell has now strengthened Saints' hand. It's obvious that we desperately need Kennedy now, and I suspect we'll do what we can to get him in the next week. 

It's now become a sellers market as far as St Johnstone are concerned.