The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I wondered about this. When I've seen Kennedy I always think of him as a left winger.

However, we're crying out for a guy that play just off Cosgrove and link the midfield with attack. If you say that Kennedy can play there then that's good to know.

If anything, Wednesday's result against Motherwell has now strengthened Saints' hand. It's obvious that we desperately need Kennedy now, and I suspect we'll do what we can to get him in the next week. 

It's now become a sellers market as far as St Johnstone are concerned. 

You realise you signed him for £75k last night dont you?

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Even funnier when you're calling it a seller's market and we've got him for 5 figures 😂

Good point. 

I thought we were going to have to pay 200 grand. 

Note to self : Stop reading what these bloody Fermers post 😅

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

swathes of the fan base...

is it really swathes tho?

or a couple handfuls of 20 somethings on twitter screeching and retweeting each other about Mcinnes, easily spotted by the use of "literally" at the start of every sentence. Only to  be topped on the sadometer by the  twitteratti that @cormackdavie every time they type "McInnes must go" etc

😐

16 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

is it really swathes tho?

or a couple handfuls of 20 somethings on twitter screeching and retweeting each other about Mcinnes, easily spotted by the use of "literally" at the start of every sentence. Only to  be topped on the sadometer by the  twitteratti that @cormackdavie every time they type "McInnes must go" etc

😐

Wiz that the couple of handfuls booing at Paisley the day? Made a hoor o a fuckin racket for a couple handfuls - hope they're a in the Merkland in a couple wiks

As bad as it sounds, his time is coming to a whimper of an end. I haven't seen the last three games live sadly but judging from the dirge before New Year, it seems things have continued that way.

Ultimately, McInnes should have taken the Rangers job offer or when he chose to stay, shaken up his staff and scouting departments to bring in fresh ideas and new challenges. When a manager intends to stay long term, he needs to shake up his staff, players and scouting every 5-6 years to bring in new blood, fresh thinking and different tactical insights.

That McInnes hasn't overly changed any of them is probably his downfall.

2 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Wiz that the couple of handfuls booing at Paisley the day? Made a hoor o a fuckin racket for a couple handfuls - hope they're a in the Merkland in a couple wiks

Booing at full time isn't new nor is telling a manager he's a c**t and to GTF after a shit result / performance.

My point which i thought was fairly obvious, is it really "swathes of the fan base against him " or a vocal minority venting?

6 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Booing at full time isn't new nor is telling a manager he's a c**t and to GTF after a shit result / performance.

My point which i thought was fairly obvious, is it really "swathes of the fan base against him " or a vocal minority venting?

Fair enough. Although even some of the happier clappers in the various forums that I pollute seem to be turning...

How about the "regular" season attendances dropping 12% (almost 2,000 per game) compared to 2017/18 - is that a swathe?

Granted this season isn't over and the attendances could recover some...or, of course, could get worse.

4 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Fair enough. Although even some of the happier clappers in the various forums that I pollute seem to be turning...

Whats a happy clapper?

9 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

How about the "regular" season attendances dropping 12% (almost 2,000 per game) compared to 2017/18 - is that a swathe?

12% i'd agree is a worry ,im not going to argue semantics.

12 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Granted this season isn't over and the attendances could recover some...or, of course, could get worse.

or it could get better.😋

For clarity, i think the issue is boredom.People just want something new,rightly or wrongly.

11 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Whats a happy clapper?

Those who recite the party line verbatim.

12 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

😀or it could get better

Indeed which is why I said they could recover 😁

12 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

For clarity, i think the issue is boredom.People just want something new,rightly or wrongly.

In a nutshell.

It seemed we were on an upward trajectory but, sadly, we have flat lined. The result is disappointment and, as you say, boredom.

In a nutshell.
It seemed we were on an upward trajectory but, sadly, we have flat lined. The result is disappointment and, as you say, boredom.

Probably why even the best managers have a shelf life. The expectation is always to be on an upward trajectory and most clubs work in 3, 4 year cycles then have to start again.

We can’t ‘expect’ to win trophies every year or finish top 2 but similarly reaching finals and qualifying for Europe doesn’t excite people anymore, combine it with a lack of playing style and it turns vitriolic.

When there are more negatives than positives then it’s not going to end well . That’s we’re we are now . He’s got the saints midweek game and  the cup game to try stop this slow death performances .  Don’t like hearing the get te f**k chants but there needed to be some sort reaction to this weekly torture .  .   If he thought yesterday was out of order .  2k in the paddock for cup game going be hell lot worse .  I hope he turns it around and it wouldn’t take much to do so .  It’s over him .