5 hours ago, sjc said:

I generally agree with you but I know a few folk that will switch to bottles if on a big day/night out.......the reduced volume seems to work for them in terms of becoming less drunk that those that stay on the pints.

4 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

So you mean that if you drink a lower quantity of beer, you'll become less drunk?

I think you could interpret his post as meaning that.

Wait; are folk now actually claiming that lassies shagged them because they served a drink to said lassies before someone else?

I met my mrs when she was working behind a bar. She kept serving me first whenever I went up, god knows why, and it certainly made me want to have sex with her more.

Don’t see why it couldn’t happen the other way round.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

See when folk who work in bars say they'l serve an attractive lassie first: are they genuinely expecting sex from said lassie(s) simply because they served them before someone else?

You have to change jobs. It's time, loads of bar jobs going at this time of year.

That's a great pic.  Was lucky enough to be able to sit in the old main stand for a QP v ICT game back in March 1995.  Was there again when the stand was gone for a game in early 1997 when he had to sit in the stand opposite and there was a gaping hole there.

Back on topic, our work night out is on Mad Friday.  I actually have my mate's dad's funeral to attend to first around lunchtime.  I expect to be incredibly pished.  Apologies in advance to all who encounter me.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:28, smpar said:

I’ve come across a few sound c***s recently who have done the “he was first” gesture when the server has gone to serve them first. Can’t wait for Christmas party c***s to completely ignore this beautiful piece of pub etiquette because their need for a bottle of Corona simply can’t wait any longer.

Almost seen a fight kick off the last time I was home, at the Proclaimers gig of all places, because some c**t walked up to the bar and got served first when a new member of staff walked behind the bar. Boy beside him had been waiting longer and called the guy an arsehole for jumping the queue. The guy who got served tried to laugh it off, but disappeared sharpish when told he'd have the smile wiped off his face if he tried it again.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

our work night out is on Mad Friday. 

It's black Friday, not mad Friday. I should red dot you for it but I feel your mate is probably going through enough and the association with you post red dot might be more than he can handle.

Edited by Ross.

Someone mentioned Archie's in Aberdeen and the queue. I've been in there loads (£2 for a pint and a smorgasbord of ales. Ya beauty.....also I live across the road) but did experience a queue a few months ago. Interesting to view from a social psychological perspective, and it was funny witnessing the absolute seethe of everyone involved. Even guys I recognised as regulars were in said queue and giving me pelters. 

The attractive lassies getting served first is amateur though. It's also infuriating as a punter. 

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
On 13/12/2018 at 19:11, TheScarf said:
Folk who drink beer from a bottle rather than have a pint of it are OFTW in general.

Exactly this. I fail to see the logic. Get a pint instead, you get much more beer/lager per pound.

Right enough - it's not like the taste matters! 

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:
Right enough - it's not like the taste matters! 

There are usually at least two or three different beers on tap. If you're fussy enough to not like any of them then you probably shouldn't be drinking.

Whit - I should limit my choice of drinks to 2 or 3?   We're not living in North Korea, are we?