16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think I have heard him twice. One was a manics cover Iirc and was decent. The other was Streets of New York which I automatically disliked as I hate the song and it goes on till closing time.

As a general rule of thumb, given pub singers arent seen as a high standard, Stirling punches well above its weight for decent (paid) pub singers

I didn't know you were a magee alias.

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I didn't know you were a magee alias.

I've known GB for years, fondly recall, on a Euro jaunt to Rennes a few years ago his story of the time his mum mistakenly thought he was a heroin addict. 

Likes his Guinness that boy.

My best trick for getting served in the old student’s union in Aberdeen was to collect empty glasses on the way to the bar, say “excuse me” to anyone in the way and get straight to the bar.
Usually got served straight away for helping out the bar staff

On 26/05/2014 at 20:06, MONKMAN said:

Anyone waiving a note in the air, like it gives them some sort of priority in the queue, deserves a brick in the face.

That said, anyone who walks up to the bar and allows themselves to be served before people who have been obviously waiting longer, also deserve a brick to the face.

When I worked in a club/bar my mate had someone waving a tenner at him while he was clearly serving someone mid drink pour also, kept doing this and my mate just whipped it out the boys hand amd stuck it in his tip jar and continued to serve everyone who was there before him.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There should be a queuing system in bars similar to what you see in the Post Office, so that you wait in the line (tightly controlled) then only go to the relevant service point when the light and robot voice say so ("Till number 1" etc). This is because too many folk can't be trusted to be sound.

I worked in a bar before (hated it). I just flat out ignored folk who waved money or snapped their fingers. One time I was left alone to cover the entire bar, and the place was absolutely rammed. There was no way to tell who was first so it was just random, which made some folk utterly furious.

In busy pubs they should just say pints only and no change given. I mean heaving pubs next to a football ground etc.

Cant beat some twat ordering some daft round and taking up everyone else's time. Twenty people glaring thinking the same thing.

I was in a pub near Easter road a couple of seasons back and it seemed obvious what the problem was. Just pour pints and say it's this or nothing. 

In busy pubs they should just say pints only and no change given. I mean heaving pubs next to a football ground etc.
Cant beat some twat ordering some daft round and taking up everyone else's time. Twenty people glaring thinking the same thing.
I was in a pub near Easter road a couple of seasons back and it seemed obvious what the problem was. Just pour pints and say it's this or nothing. 
Just pour pints? Stoopid Townie.

20 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Pish.  Nips take far less time to pour...

On 12/11/2018 at 14:45, Romeo said:

I find a couple of things will get you up the serving pecking order in busy pubs.

1. Not being a bellend and indulging in the kind of behaviour already mentioned. Snapping your fingers at bar staff should be an automatic barring/kick in the pie.

2. Money talks. If you are getting a few drinks and it comes to say 8.60 or 9.20 give the bar person a tenner and dont't wait for the change. This works well especially if you are in a place for a while and you do it a couple of times. I am aware this will go down badly on P&B but working in a busy pub full of drunken arseholes is a pretty thankless low paying job.

Nice try, but you don't get to play the altruism card having just admitted that you're in fact bribing them to get and then shovel down your shite pints of Carling at a slightly quicker rate. 

without reading through the entire thread im sure all the usual things have been mentioned but a huge one for me is barmaids boyfriends shouldn't be allowed in if they are jealous arseholes. nothing worse than getting served and her lad is sat growling away.

Anyone else go out with their Mrs/Mr/significant other and instead of knowing what they want to drink they have to peruse a fucking menu for 20 mins?

Mrs Romeo is famous for this. Then she'll order a ridiculous cocktail which means I have to wait 10 minutes for my pint.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Anyone else go out with their Mrs/Mr/significant other and instead of knowing what they want to drink they have to peruse a fucking menu for 20 mins?

Mrs Romeo is famous for this. Then she'll order a ridiculous cocktail which means I have to wait 10 minutes for my pint.

Have a pint while she's choosing.

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Order your pint then the cocktail and once the cocktail has been poured order another pint because you'll have finished the first one.

mrs ah is worse. spends ages with the menu then orders a g&t. what she always drinks

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

^^^ Alchys

Me: "Pint of...and whatever she's having"

Go and sit down.

Her: "What kind of gin have you got...do you do cocktails...have you got Fever Tree Tonic...can you still serve coffee...what's that the woman over there is drinking...is it strong...have you got no Brockmans...Bombay Sapphire and slimline Fever Tree then...in a big glass...lots of ice."

Me: "Same again please"

Her: "I don't really like it here, he was quite cheeky."