Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I have to admit, I am quite bemused by Hearts transfer dealings and scouting department. It reminds me of ours, just before we got relegated. Just signing a bunch of randoms, hoping they click. Hearts also must be expecting alot of players to leave too. 

Obviously from a Hibernian POV this is rather amusing but at the same time if we had signed any of the above I'd be fucking raging. 

Edited by Cumdog35

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Why are Hearts fans so shocked by this? 

We're not.

Other than MacLean, who will be shite, I couldn't really tell you much about the other players as I don't watch much League 2/Northern Irish/Czech/Australian football. The likelihood is at least half of them won't work out. 

Under normal circumstances you'd expect Levein to be under pressure to get it right in this transfer window but the evidence would suggest otherwise. Speculative punts (might use that as a quiz team name).

1 hour ago, Cumdog35 said:

Obviously from a Hibernian POV this is rather amusing but at the same time if we had signed any of the above I'd be fucking raging. 

That's just because you've spent a Hell of a lot of time doing your homework on all these players. You've obviously been attending their games and  observing videos, carrying out detailed performance assessments.  

If only Levein had spoke to you first. :angry:

10 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I know nothing about most of the players we've signed, therefore I'm going to reserve judgement rather than take the pantwetting route. What I will say is it's nice to get most of them  in early for change as we're usually slow of the mark.

I'm going straight into the pant-wetting phase. 

11 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

By and large the signings under Levein up till now have been decent.  Clearly some of these are projects but I generally trust him with recruitment.  

I'm far more concerned about whether he grows a set away from home tbh.    

Are you giving him a free pass for all the dross accumulated under Cathro and Neilson ? Can only say I am really happy with Sow and Soutar signings. McLaughlin was 1 year only. Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are good players with reasons to want to have a spell back in Scotland - but they are quality that we are paying big wages for. Nothing very clever about those signings - although somebody did well to get them to sign. 

I'm in the fingers-crossed, give him 3-4 months ..... but prepare for pant-wetting camp.

16 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I know nothing about most of the players we've signed, therefore I'm going to reserve judgement rather than take the pantwetting route. What I will say is it's nice to get most of them  in early for change as we're usually slow of the mark.

giphy.gifI am taking a different approach. 

15 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Are you giving him a free pass for all the dross accumulated under Cathro and Neilson ? Can only say I am really happy with Sow and Soutar signings. McLaughlin was 1 year only. Berra, Lafferty and Naismith are good players with reasons to want to have a spell back in Scotland - but they are quality that we are paying big wages for. Nothing very clever about those signings - although somebody did well to get them to sign. 

I'm in the fingers-crossed, give him 3-4 months ..... but prepare for pant-wetting camp.

I'm not blaming him for the signings made by Cathro and Neilson, no, although I'd certainly question the length of some of the contracts he negotiated.

He needs to get a good start next season, that's unquestionable.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

I see our old chum the police box is in the process of being cut away too.

RIP worst fucking patter on the planet.

Och, it was kinda funny.

The very first time.