Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

Just watched the highlights yous boys must be proud off yer team today on another day it could have been difffrent

We couldn't ask for any more from them. To a man they stood up and were counted. Aye, we missed some good chances but the pleasing thing for me was the approach we took. We could have tried stringing 5 across the back with 4 just in front of them to stifle the game but we didn't. We had a right good go and showed that we've got boys who can play a bit.

Special mention for Calum Smith - he's had a tough time recently and he was the best player on the pitch today. I was chuffed to bits for him on a personal level.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We couldn't ask for any more from them. To a man they stood up and were counted. Aye, we missed some good chances but the pleasing thing for me was the approach we took. We could have tried stringing 5 across the back with 4 just in front of them to stifle the game but we didn't. We had a right good go and showed that we've got boys who can play a bit.

Special mention for Calum Smith - he's had a tough time recently and he was the best player on the pitch today. I was chuffed to bits for him on a personal level.

Always liked the lad smith good player

So frustrating! Why dive in Gary thom!!!

Definite penalty. He's had a lot of clubs for being relatively young and always seemed to get a few red cards and gave away a few pens thus far. Is that just his style and his rashness has never been coached out of him?

The highlights showed that on another day the Rose may have got a positive result. Great effort and just didn't carry that luck you need in front of goal in games like that.

I said elsewhere, this is really annoying, all clubs were issued with guidelines from the SFA and told under no circumstances should any highlights be uploaded for

24hours after any Scottish Cup tie as William Hill have the rights to publish first... Our boys have followed that for fear of reprisals in the previous two rounds and yet Raith have got their stuff up within a couple of hours. The answer on the other thread of its cause were a big team is a tad arrogant and hopefully just tongue in cheek... Its a bit of a pisser though,,,, our boys who video the games are sitting waiting. Poor Show

Tend to agree about Thom diving In but you see this every week from top players mabye he should take a look at our other fullback who never dives in and is very rarely passed

Bad enough diving in- but his big error was diving in after the striker made it into the box- he had 15 yards before that to make a tackle that would have at worst been a free kick. To wait until the guy was in the box, then commit is incredibly naive.

Having watched the highlights as a neutral, you can see why lithgae will be bemused that they never took anything from the game- particularly considering the highlights were the raith version.

But bottom line is that they didn't take their chances and when playing against a team from a higher level you need to have the quality to be composed and finish- some of the missed chances would have been easily dispatched in a junior game where the pressure situation wouldn't be as high stakes.

Equal measures of pride and frustration I presume. Particularly considering there was a point where they were nil nil bossing the game and Bo'ness were two down.

Reflecting on the game I am a bit gutted we never one. I think we lacked a bit of belief that we could win. Probably the best performance I have seen from the Rose though. I thought Coco up front himself worked well. Whenever we attacked we had a bout 5 players around him but when they attacked it gave us more cover

I said elsewhere, this is really annoying, all clubs were issued with guidelines from the SFA and told under no circumstances should any highlights be uploaded for

24hours after any Scottish Cup tie as William Hill have the rights to publish first... Our boys have followed that for fear of reprisals in the previous two rounds and yet Raith have got their stuff up within a couple of hours. The answer on the other thread of its cause were a big team is a tad arrogant and hopefully just tongue in cheek... Its a bit of a pisser though,,,, our boys who video the games are sitting waiting. Poor Show

Geeeezo,everybody has praised your team to the hilt but you still find something to moan about.

Archived