So why are people voting NO?

1320Lichtie

Apologies if this has already been posted, but probably a good insight into the thinking of No voters in this propaganda piece in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scotland-power-dismantle-300-year-union-3848912

You have to love the guy who thinks only thick people would believe we could still do business with England and France after independence, because, of course, we won't be in the EU.

To be fair, only thick people would read that paper.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a minute all those that think we will find it difficult to get into the EU unequivocally we won,t as England want out and this after telling us that we wouldn,t get in ffs.

We won't get into the EU and the millions of Scottish people in the EU and all the Europeans in Scotland will be here illegally and be made homeless overnight and the European businesses that make a fortune here won't be able to trade.

So they say anyway.

Wait a minute all those that think we will find it difficult to get into the EU unequivocally we won,t as England want out and this after telling us that we wouldn,t get in ffs.

This is an important point for me which highly questions the credibility of BT's core opinion and weapon in this whole debate (which in turn questions the honesty of everything else they say).

"Don't leave the UK! You need the EU... even though we'll probably have our referendum on that... and your vote will probably have no significance as per usual".

So Juncker say's no countries will be admitted to the European Union until 2019?

Not music to the ear's of pro-independence pro-Unionists. (Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense)

So when Salmond laughed at David Cameron for opposing Juncker's appointment, is he still laughing today?... :)

I may immediately switch from No to Yes if that Juncker chunt pits it in the statute books that no new applicants allowed in the EU for 5 years.

I will vote Yes if this gets clarified. :)

So Juncker say's no countries will be admitted to the European Union until 2019?

Not music to the ear's of pro-independence pro-Unionists. (Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense)

So when Salmond laughed at David Cameron for opposing Juncker's appointment, is he still laughing today?... :)

Feel free to believe any old shite from the Sun that you like. The guy's not even in office yet.

BsmS-_oIIAAJy3q.jpg

Non-civic Scots coming up to campaign for the No vote.

I can't see that going at all well.

It shows how out of touch they really are.

Aye. They get paid £5,000 for the pleasure. They are meant to be cost of living expenses but it's £5,000 they get.

I may immediately switch from No to Yes if that Juncker chunt pits it in the statute books that no new applicants allowed in the EU for 5 years.

I will vote Yes if this gets clarified. :)

You just stick to NO Eric, you ain't going to hear anything truthful about an independent Scotland being outside the EU.

Fuxakes Tony. I was getting slightly moist at the thought of real independence and two layers of politicians getting hunted.

Oh well. Back to the long drag with the Eurosceptics...... :(

Fuxakes Tony. I was getting slightly moist at the thought of real independence and two layers of politicians getting hunted.

Oh well. Back to the long drag with the Eurosceptics...... :(

Lets get rid of one layer of the corrupt peados first ma man.

Lets get rid of one layer of the corrupt peados first ma man.

Well said. I can't believe the lack of action being taken on this. Funny how the royal family have had a secrecy law rushed through eh? I want to see that disgusting house of cards tumbling.

This is the sort of winding people up pish I'm talking about.

Scotland will not become a new member of the EU.

It already IS a member.

You know this full well and yet insist on this sort of nonsense.

Scotland is not a member of the European Union, the United Kingdom is. If Scotland leaves the United Kingdom it leaves the European Union. That's just a fact. Scotland would then have to apply. The country will gain entry, eventually, and the terms of that agreement will be nowhere near as favourable as what the UK currently has.

Scotland is not a member of the European Union, the United Kingdom is. If Scotland leaves the United Kingdom it leaves the European Union. That's just a fact. Scotland would then have to apply. The country will gain entry, eventually, and the terms of that agreement will be nowhere near as favourable as what the UK currently has.

At what point will Scotland have to give the EU notice of their leaving the EU?

More favourable. Haha. All Scotlands assests given over cheaply for RUK benefit.

Scotland gets a re-deal. Except this time its Scotland thats holding the hand.

For me it is down to the complete lack of planning from the snp, if only they had waited another parliament and produced a proper plan and costings for an independent Scotland I would not have a second thought about a yes vote.

The attitude of the pro independence movement has really put me off too, am i not Scottish anymore ? Pure hatred and non factual discussions doesn't help the cause for independence.

Archived