So why are people voting NO?

1320Lichtie

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More attractive jobs on more attractive money and conditions, it's not something that can happen overnight.

Scotland wouldn't have to break away from the UK to achieve that.

They could be doing something about that right now.

Also, when taxes are raised for the public in an independent Scotland wouldn't the job become less desirable and if anything decrease the nations ability to prevent people from leaving the country?

Scotland doesn't need to break away from the UK to achieve any of it's dreams, it's just far far far more likely to happen after independence.

What do you suggest?

Also, when taxes are raised for the public in an independent Scotland wouldn't the job become less desirable and if anything decrease the nations ability to prevent people from leaving the country?

When will these tax hikes be taking place?

I think the only people who are definitely leaving if we vote Yes are the Saltcoats Loyal, and I think I can live with that.

Stop saying "taxes will go up", as if it's undisputable fact. It isn't. They may go up. They may not. We simply don't know.

Btw I wouldn't give a f**k if I was paying higher tax if I was actually on course to earn more every year in an independent Scotland. This is what the "Norway is really shit" brigade neglect to take into account.

Scotland doesn't need to break away from the UK to achieve any of it's dreams, it's just far far far more likely to happen after independence.

What do you suggest?

When will these tax hikes be taking place?

1) In your opinion. I disagree. :)

2) You're the one who mentioned better jobs with better money. You should be the one explaining the in's and out's. And explain how it can only be achieved if Scotland votes Yes.

3) After independence. :)

1) In your opinion. I disagree. :)

2) You're the one who mentioned better jobs with better money. You should be the one explaining the in's and out's. And explain how it can only be achieved if Scotland votes Yes.

3) After independence. :)

1.As is your right.

2.No, if you think this is an easy process under the status quo you should be explaining how it could be done.

3.Just guesswork then.

1.As is your right.

2.No, if you think this is an easy process under the status quo you should be explaining how it could be done.

3.Just guesswork then.

1) Thanks.

2) It's easier whilst being part of the UK but still an incredibly difficult task. Why you think it will be easier in an independent Scotland I'm not so sure. And you've not provided any evidence to back up your point.

3) An informed prediction. Hey, even the Nationalists favourite pollster, Panelbase, released a poll which claimed most believed taxes would rise so I'm not the only one! :) Either that or spending would be reduced, and I'm not in favour of either.

1) Thanks.

2) It's easier whilst being part of the UK but still an incredibly difficult task. Why you think it will be easier in an independent Scotland I'm not so sure. And you've not provided any evidence to back up your point.

3) An informed prediction. Hey, even the Nationalists favourite pollster, Panelbase, released a poll which claimed most believed taxes would rise so I'm not the only one! :) Either that or spending would be reduced, and I'm not in favour of either.

2. It'll be easier because we can target tax breaks etc for niche industries we wish to develop, big isn't always best and I prefer the more nimble-footed approach that YES will give us.

3.I'm not really interested what ill informed people think, I'm actually interested in whether tax and spending will go up or down after independence, as nobody is able to produce accurate figures for tax revenues in an indy Scotland I can only judge on what has gone b4.

1. It'll be easier because we can target tax breaks etc for niche industries we wish to develop, big isn't always best and I prefer the more nimble-footed approach that YES will give us.

2.I'm not really interested what ill informed people think, I'm actually interested in whether tax and spending will go up or down after independence, as nobody is able to produce accurate figures for tax revenues in an indy Scotland I can only judge on what has gone b4.

1) Niche industries? That's your grand plan to decrease the amount of people leaving the country and provide jobs for immigrants at the same time? I have my doubts whether that would be successful,

2) Which makes you just as "ill informed" as everyone else. :)

1) Niche industries? That's your grand plan to decrease the amount of people leaving the country and provide jobs for immigrants at the same time? I have my doubts whether that would be successful,

What do you suggest, shipbuilding.

There are plenty of niche markets that we can target that will provide jobs with high wages, the fact that you casn't open your mind to that doesn't mean there isn't.

2) Which makes you just as "ill informed" as everyone else. :)

I'm far from ill informed, even on the tax revenues we do know about HMRC have chosen to omit some, it wouldn't surprise me if Scotland's tax revenues are considerably higher than we've been led to believe.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's scary how misinformed and, well, stupid ThePundit and ToonBairn are.

They've swallowed every line BTUKOKNOTHANKS have told them unquestioningly and hook, line and sinker.

And lads, please don't even think about saying "but you've swallowed every line Yes have told you", because that would be a really, REALLY shit comeback.

I'd like to hear more about these niche markets Ayrmad.

What are they and how many jobs do you estimate each will create?

How would a mere mortal like myself know what markets an as yet unelected government chooses to target.

How would a mere mortal like myself know what markets an as yet unelected government chooses to target.

Well, maybe you shouldn't make throwaway lines about how an independent Scotland will have better jobs with staff on better pay then?.....

Just saying. :)

Well, maybe you shouldn't make throwaway lines about how an independent Scotland will have better jobs with staff on better pay then?.....

Just saying. :)

Maybe you should go back and read the posts.

Just saying :)

Maybe you should go back and read the posts.

Just saying :)

I've read them. :)

You just don't have any answers to the most difficult questions. I suspect you simply want independence and, in desperation, are prepared to make any claim to boost your argument.

In the past 24 hours...

"Jobs?, ach, they'll be better!"...

"Pay rates? They'll be higher!"

"Emigration? It can be reduced!"

How?... or does that not matter?...

What next? Every Wednesday will be a bank holiday?... :)

I've read them. :)

You just don't have any answers to the most difficult questions. I suspect you simply want independence and, in desperation, are prepared to make any claim to boost your argument.

In the past 24 hours...

"Jobs?, ach, they'll be better!"...

"Pay rates? They'll be higher!"

"Emigration? It can be reduced!"

How?... or does that not matter?...

What next? Every Wednesday will be a bank holiday?... :)

What difficult questions?

Apologies if this has already been posted, but probably a good insight into the thinking of No voters in this propaganda piece in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scotland-power-dismantle-300-year-union-3848912

You have to love the guy who thinks only thick people would believe we could still do business with England and France after independence, because, of course, we won't be in the EU.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but probably a good insight into the thinking of No voters in this propaganda piece in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scotland-power-dismantle-300-year-union-3848912

You have to love the guy who thinks only thick people would believe we could still do business with England and France after independence, because, of course, we won't be in the EU.

Some absolute sh*te printed there.

The first guy is complaining about us having to leave the EU, and the last guy is complaining about us having less influence within it. That sums it up for me.

Archived