Ross County vs St Johnstone - 10/08/14

Kane should be starting before Morgan.

Rodger has to start if Wright's off form and Ando's not match fit. Not ready yet? Oh, but he has to be. We can't afford to throw away money on first team players wages that aren't first team material. No wonder we're skint.

I wonder if Brown's going to be at the game. He might still be driving May round Yorkshire knocking on every club's door. 'Wanna buy a striker? Much cheapness. You gimme cash now.' Harrogate Railway might be able to do a deal given the wealth in the area.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right so 7-2 is having a mental breakdown, let's all move on from that.

Team will be -

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Wright, Scobbie

Croft, Brown, Miller, McDonald, Spoony

Maclean

4-5-1 away from home, hoping to nick a 1-0 win. Inevitably we'll take the lead I think then completely run out of has after Reguero makes several wonderful saves and lose 2-1 in the last 10 minutes.

I just assumed that Wright was injured rather than off form. I thought he looked OK in the European games, the opposition were mobile enough to give anybody a runaround, let alone our veteran centre half.

*puts on WAP hat*

Not sure Miller would be any good in the middle, he's been poor at right back so far

*takes off WAP hat*

Do you think so many players will start after also playing the 90 on Thursday. Its hard to judge, as some players (Spoony) look fucked after about five minutes anyway so you never know how tired they are, but I'd be surprised if he and MacLean started.

I just assumed that Wright was injured rather than off form. I thought he looked OK in the European games, the opposition were mobile enough to give anybody a runaround, let alone our veteran centre half.

Yeah its possible I just missed the report that said he had a niggle tbh

I expect it was a case of horses for courses on Thursday. We have four games in ten days and Frazer Wright isn't going to manage all of those you'd guess. Spartak Trnava play with one nippy guy up front and midfield runners and don't really just throw the ball in the box, so Wright's defensive strengths were never going to come into play so much in that match. Scobbie has more pace and is better with the ball at feet. He'll be back involved over the next week.

Confidence shouldn't be an issue for us tomorrow as the performance was fine on Thursday, the bigger concern is tiredness but in Wright, Anderson, Brown, Croft and O'Halloran, plus obviously Morgan, there is scope for the manager to freshen things up if required.

Yeah, that's a fair shout. I just thought with Anderson missing, and the tie still winnable, he would've wanted his no 1 centre back in there.

Morgan hat-trick today and we're cooking with gas again.

Yeah, that's a fair shout. I just thought with Anderson missing, and the tie still winnable, he would've wanted his no 1 centre back in there.

Morgan hat-trick today and we're cooking with gas again.

Yeah, be good for him to impress in his first day of training

Noticed a few match reports suggesting the tempo of the match slowed down around the hour mark today, hopefully Ross County follow that trend, as we'll hopefully have the edge due to our competitive pre-season

Going to this.

So who will I sit with?. Saints fans because I'm supposed to hate C**ty or sit with our redneck cousins and root quietly for them to win, highlanders stick together an all that?

Going to this.

So who will I sit with?. Saints fans because I'm supposed to hate C**ty or sit with our redneck cousins and root quietly for them to win, highlanders stick together an all that?

In the Saints end , plenty empty seats so you don't need to sit next to any of them .

According to the Highland News:

Ross County (I'm assuming it's a 4-4-2)

Reguero

Fenlon Boyd Dreesen Celcer

Brittain Quinn Kiss Carey

Arquin Jervis

Subs: Brown, Saunders, Cardle, De Leeuw, Balk, Boyce, Maatsen

St. Johnstone (I'm assuming it's a 4-5-1 but I suppose O'Halloran could be a second striker?)

Mannus

Mackay Wright Anderson Scobbie

Wotherspoon Millar Brown McDonald O'Halloran

MacLean

Subs: Banks, Caddis, Miller, Croft, Kane, Gilchrist, Morgan

Not overly impressed with that starting XI from County. I wouldn't have started Jervis or Quinn.

Nah O'Halloran will be on the wing with Wotherspoon, unless we attempt a diamond midfield again. TW seems to have sussed out Millar on the wing is wrong

Archived