Sportscene watch 2015/16

Yeah didn't think it was either.

Swanson has a goal for saints - a fairly spectacular one at that. Also, did Maclean look offside at the saints goal?

Swanson has two goals for us. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was the assistant getting abuse over the first goal? How was she meant to spot that ball being out from across the pitch?

If they've 20/20 vision then quite easily! I still think part of the ball may be over hanging the line in which case she called it correctly.

Unfortunately it is like him. He's been poor in just about every game he's ever played for us.

This.

A dreadful goalkeeper. Woefully out of his depth in the Premiership.

There we 2 players on the posts & the keeper, not even close

Thought the players might have come off the post quicker than Maclean came away from the keeper. Not easy to tell though.

Thought the players might have come off the post quicker than Maclean came away from the keeper. Not easy to tell though.

Untitled_zps6c9ste5t.png

Its very, very tight. Through a, frankly ridiculous, quirk of fate it looks like the line of shade is exactly where the last defender is, which means MacLean is right at that limit. Its minimal either way tbh. Wouldn't have had much complaint if it had been ruled offside. 

Looks like a fraction of the ball is still on the line. She's probably not seen that through the net but looks the correct call. Horrendous defending after it though. Proper schoolboy stuff that - 'play to the whistle'

A fraction being about 2 inches if the base of the ball is very close to the line.

Pundits are exceptionally dense at times. Rather than drag in a journalist, get a ref who might talk a marginal amount less guff.

A fraction being about 2 inches if the base of the ball is very close to the line.

Pundits are exceptionally dense at times. Rather than drag in a journalist, get a ref who might talk a marginal amount less guff.

Then you might get the other extreme like Howard Webb just agreeing with everything the referee does on BT!

Then you might get the other extreme like Howard Webb just agreeing with everything the referee does on BT!

Or Kenny Clark in the sun doing the same.

He even blamed a Motherwell striker for scoring a goal for a linesman getting an offside decision wrong.

Not sure where to put this, but the Daily Mail are reporting that the SPFL and BBC are close to agreeing a new £2.8m per year deal for highlights.  This is basically double the current deal, and just a tiny bit shy of the £3m that Ralph Topping was demanding.

Hopefully there are also added caveats about the quality of the highlights, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Not sure where to put this, but the Daily Mail are reporting that the SPFL and BBC are close to agreeing a new £2.8m per year deal for highlights.  This is basically double the current deal, and just a tiny bit shy of the £3m that Ralph Topping was demanding.

Hopefully there are also added caveats about the quality of the highlights, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

If they're paying that amount the budget will be blown out the water and we'll be lucky if the highlights are filmed on an iPhone. Hopefully it will see the end of the iPat though.

Archived