Sportsound Watch

Essentially ignored. In build up Richard Gordon actually said something along lines of "we've ignored the other game tonight, understandable with the magnitude of the games taking place"

What an absolute cunt of a thing to say.

National broadcaster my arse

Not quite accurate that, is it?  What Gordon said before kick off was more along the lines of "we'll switch between live commentary from these two games (Celtic-Dons and Hearts-Rangers), with regular updates from John Barnes at Firhill".  And that's what they did.  

They went to Firhill twice in the second half, one time we got three words before those commentating on the Hearts game started screeching over the report about Walker having a chance. It was pathetic.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They went to Firhill twice in the second half, one time we got three words before those commentating on the Hearts game started screeching over the report about Walker having a chance. It was pathetic.

I'm surprised they found three words to talk about in that second half to be honest.

I'm surprised they found three words to talk about in that second half to be honest.

True. We then got told about how Hearts will be pushing for second now, before we got talked about as making a push for fourth.

We're equal on points.

Not really, it's just negligence on their duty of reporting about Scottish football as a whole

I really dislike some of the things Sportsound do and think they can be extremely unfair with their coverage at times but some of the bleating on the last few pages has been Sellik/Liverpool fan level of paranoia from people.

3 hours ago, resk said:

Not quite accurate that, is it?  What Gordon said before kick off was more along the lines of "we'll switch between live commentary from these two games (Celtic-Dons and Hearts-Rangers), with regular updates from John Barnes at Firhill".  And that's what they did.  

During the build up, Gordon said that about 10 minutes before kick off, read out the team lines (I think?) from Firhill, then went back to the other coverage. Not some massive conspiracy, no paranoia etc. but it is a bit shit to just (almost) ignore one game from three

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think we've caught you already.

You failed to win 8-0 at Firhill which coincidentally is not only the scoreline that would have seen you overtake Hearts but also the the scoreline that would have made the BBC pay some attention to a match involving neither Celtic or Rangers (possibly)

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

15 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It seems that Warburton is the main topic tonight.

Generally think Sportsound is good, but to spend the first 25 mins lambasting a manager - and hardly even commenting on the actual game (Hearts Rangers - which to be fair I didn't see) before finally talking  positive about the team that won annoys me. How shit were Hearts in that game - that they won -  to deserve this? It just seems that the only thing they can lead with these days is how bad a certain manager is. I guess they've done the focus groups or whatever and that's what people want to listen to..  Wasn't there some good news about Hearts's performance to be talking about - at least slightly countering all the negative stuff they've been saying about them?