Sportsound Watch

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

It goes way beyond expressing opinion, he's got some pathetic, petty agenda against Levein dating back to when he was a player. Levein is quite right to question whether the national broadcaster should be giving the guy the platform to push said agenda at every opportunity. 

That's the thing - Stewart has said on Sportsound that he doesn't like Levein, so it's hard to know whether he can comment impartially - should the BBC be encouraging him to comment.?

Alan Preston is almost as bad - when things were going against Hearts on Saturday, rather than telling us what was happening, he said with some glee that he'd 'save it for later'. 

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

The only time I've ever heard Stewart go over the top re. Levein was when he described him as 'an awful man' on Sportsound a few months back. Richard Gordon pulled him up for it.

I found it quite funny.

I remember this. I thought it was quite funny too.

Neither Levein or Stewart are widely liked in Scottish football circles - Stewart can be quite entertaining at times., mind. 

The entire Sportsound team have said it was a definite red card for Jack and no appeal will be successful, they don't seem to understand how these things work

Whatever happened to ‘frivolous appeals’ and subsequent bans being increased for basically taking the piss out of the process ?

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Many of my memories of Michael Stewart the player involved him pointing at his teammates and telling them they’d fucked up.

Michael Stewart the ex-player seems to be making a career out of pointing at other ex-players and saying they’ve fucked up.

I remember that day he was sent off at Tannadice for arguing with his own supporters. Still makes me smile even to this day.

I remember that day he was sent off at Tannadice for arguing with his own supporters. Still makes me smile even to this day.

He was a peculiarly frustrating player at Hearts. Every so often he’d look like a class act but just as often he’d lose the head completely and do something really stupid and dangerous. Whether he was more of an asset than a liability is unclear but he was definitely both (See also Ian Black).

I don’t know about Hibs fans who watched him in green but I feel his sensible, informative, articulate pundit persona must be constantly one wisp of red mist away from smacking a sound technician around the head with a stool

I agree, I may be wrong as haven’t seen many hearts games this season but his criticism doesn’t seem over the top.

Hearts are underperforming as a club and Stewart seems to merely be saying just that.

If anything levein talking about Stewart being his worst ever signing is far more personal and over the top than anything Stewart has said.

Stewart has been having a pop at Levein for years. He wasn't happy with Levein's approach when he binned Locke (great call) and appointed Robbie Neilson, but then they romped the Championship and did well in the Premiership in their first season back, which didn't give him too much ammunition.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He was a peculiarly frustrating player at Hearts. Every so often he’d look like a class act but just as often he’d lose the head completely and do something really stupid and dangerous. Whether he was more of an asset than a liability is unclear but he was definitely both (See also Ian Black).

I don’t know about Hibs fans who watched him in green but I feel his sensible, informative, articulate pundit persona must be constantly one wisp of red mist away from smacking a sound technician around the head with a stool

I don't recall any mad moments on the pitch, but it was much rumoured at the time that he was one of the instigators in the fall-out between John Collins and the players in March / April 2007. I think he was cheesed off at being an unused sub in the 5-1 League Cup final v Killie, when a young Lewis Stevenson played instead of him.

Of course, any suggestion of a falling out was denied in public. Even when Stewart was told to f**k off, which freed him up to go back across the city.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6571523.stm

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Another snide anti-AFC rant from Boyd tonight.

I think he’s trying to perfect his “controversial pundit” act on us before he ever gets brave enough to similarly let rip on one of the bigot brothers.

I can guess which one it will be. 

Brother Boyd, still staunch as f**k.

He'll no say anything remotely controversial about Rangers or Celtic, instead will do the snide cowardly pish that all these shitebags do - and that's have a dig at Aberdeen when you're too fucking yellow to say something about Celtic, and about Hearts when you really hate Rangers.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'd say Hearts only got 6 decent months out of Black when Paulo Sergio (no, not that one!) managed to convince him to use his energy closing down space/opposition instead of trying to nail opponents in an attempt to look like a hard c**t. When Sergio left he reverted to type.

5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

He'll no say anything remotely controversial about Rangers or Celtic, instead will do the snide cowardly pish that all these shitebags do - and that's have a dig at Aberdeen when you're too fucking yellow to say something about Celtic, and about Hearts when you really hate Rangers.

Perhaps that is true, but if the article on the BBC website is taken directly from his comments on Sportsound, he's not exactly gone on an "anti-Aberdeen rant", or anything close.  He's merely said that McInnes has taken Aberdeen as far as they can go, and reckons he'd want the Rangers job.  Which is hard to dispute.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Perhaps that is true, but if the article on the BBC website is taken directly from his comments on Sportsound, he's not exactly gone on an "anti-Aberdeen rant", or anything close.  He's merely said that McInnes has taken Aberdeen as far as they can go, and reckons he'd want the Rangers job.  Which is hard to dispute.

I heard him last night and that is simplifying it somewhat.

Maybe McInnes does want the Sevco job - not arguing with that.

However, in his tirade he was saying   "needs to get out of Aberdeen, taken them as far he can, rangers BATTERED Aberdeen in both games" etc........all said in that angry abrasive manner he likes to adopt.

I do agree we were appalling in both these matches, but form is temporary and last time I looked at the table both teams were on the same points in 2nd/3rd - which is actually BETTER than where we were this time last season, where Sevco were 7pts clear of us at one point.

McInnes could, in theory, win one or two more bits of silverware, continue finishing second and perhaps get into the Europa groups.  That are all things we can strive for as a club.

So this "taken Aberdeen as far as they go" is a nonsense cliché - albeit if the performances of the past few weeks are the norm of things to come, maybe AFC need to make that assessment about McInnes and glass ceilings rather than the other way round.

Edited by tarapoa

Clearly BBC OF orcs like McIntyre and Co who are constantly pushing McInnes are trying to unsettle him. Its all a ploy. It’s happening all over all types of media. Radio, TV and papers.
Aberdeen fans should be raging as Rangers clearly don’t have the money so my theory is they unsettle him to the point where:
1. The get the edge on the double header. Objective achieved! 6 points in the bag.

And 2.
Then as they cannot afford the $1m payment to Milne for Derek they will ‘hum & haw’ allowing more media pressure to pile on until Aberdeen are worn down and Rangers can pay in installments or Dons give in and let him away for a smaller compensation.

I could be wrong but I feel like these OF dirty tactics are well in play for the 5-6 weeks and this was the plan all along. I suspect McInnes will be Aberdeen boss no longer unless he knocks it on head himself saying he is ‘not interested’ and will be staying at Aberdeen.

I really hate these idiots. The OF are scum of the earth as whilst above may not all be true it may well ring some truth as there are definitely dirty tactics being applied.

Aberdeen aren't finishing 2nd with that squad.

I dunno. A squad of Lewis, Logan, Arnason, CB, Shinnie, McLean, O'Connor, Stewart, Christie, GMS and May is more than good enough for second, McInnes just is utilising them correctly.

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I heard him last night and that is simplifying it somewhat.

Maybe McInnes does want the Sevco job - not arguing with that.

However, in his tirade he was saying   "needs to get out of Aberdeen, taken them as far he can, rangers BATTERED Aberdeen in both games" etc........all said in that angry abrasive manner he likes to adopt.

I do agree we were appalling in both these matches, but form is temporary and last time I looked at the table both teams were on the same points in 2nd/3rd - which is actually BETTER than where we were this time last season, where Sevco were 7pts clear of us at one point.

McInnes could, in theory, win one or two more bits of silverware, continue finishing second and perhaps get into the Europa groups.  That are all things we can strive for as a club.

So this "taken Aberdeen as far as they go" is a nonsense cliché - albeit if the performances of the past few weeks are the norm of things to come, maybe AFC need to make that assessment about McInnes and glass ceilings rather than the other way round.

Rangers can and have spent much more on their squad than Aberdeen can.

Spending that money wisely would see Rangers do better than Aberdeen.   It's not as complicated as people would have it.