Sportsound Watch

Did anyone hear the Scouse impressionist on Sportsound tonight? Absolutely dire, an inexplicable ten minutes of radio.

I listened to the podcast last night. Really bizarre stuff. Started off really badly with the team in the studio finding it considerably more hilarious than it was, but became mildly amusing by the end. All in all, it was ok, if a bit random. Better than talking about Rangers, at any rate.

Tonight's Sportsound:

Chick Young: "Here's St Mirren's starting 18"

Dougie Vipond: "There's only 11 players Chick"

CY: "I'm too caught up in the rugby chat"

DV: "There's only 15 in rugby"

Congratulations, Chick - in less than 10 seconds you proved yourself clueless about two sports.

Chick young repeatedly using Kilmarnock falling attendances and ignoring the fact that most clubs are gaining fans not losing them.....grrrr....He was even worse than normal yesterday trying to make out that Scottish football is in crisis because newco aren't in top tier. Then moaning about all the injuries caused by 4G pitches with preciselyno evidenceor data to back up his claims.....his retirement can't come soon enough

Edited by dogmc

Chick young repeatedly using Kilmarnock falling attendances and ignoring the fact that most clubs are gaining fans not losing them.....grrrr....He was even worse than normal yesterday trying to make out that Scottish football is in crisis because newco aren't in top tier. Then moaning about all the injuries caused by 4G pitches with preciselyno evidenceor data to back up his claims.....his retirement can't come soon enough

His evidence for astro injuries was "We'll probably see the effects in about 10 years".

Aye, OK Dr Young.

We had an artificial pitch. 10 years ago. Whilst many who played on it regularly are now retired (due to age), Darren Young, who played often on it, will run out for Albion Rovers at East End on Saturday. Shockingly he isn't crippled

On my journey to and from Kilmarnock, about 40 minutes drive, there was not one word on the game I was going to watch/had just watched. Just as I pulled into my driveway, Off the Ball were about to go to Chick for comments on the game. Stuck on channel 0116 on the tv only to find it was rugby on that frequency. Quite an achievement for them.

Edited by Owsley

Chick maybe just thinks that if you say something often it gains legitimacy.

Everyone knows the reasons for subdued crowds at Kilmarnock and crowds elsewhere are generally steady or rising. Extensive studies have been done into plastic pitches and they're now widely used across European football.

Just as I pulled into my driveway, Off the Ball were about to go to Chick for comments on the game. Stuck on channel 0116 on the tv only to find it was rugby on that frequency. Quite an achievement for them.

The rugby was on MW, which is what the Sky channel almost always carries.

Your car radio will have been tuned to FM.