Sportsound Watch

They were neither illegal nor criminal.

No-one said they were criminal.

Lambert et al said "the trophies were won on the pitch", inferring that it was irrelevant where the money to pay for them came from, hence my bank robbery analogy.

As for them not being illegal, I'll take the word of professional accountants over a slightly biased The Rangers fan:

http://m.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2433364/rangers-ebt-tax-case-ruled-illegal-as-hmrc-declares-victory

http://www.harrisonandcompany.co.uk/2015/11/04/rangers-ebt-tax-case-ruled-illegal-as-hmrc-declares-victory/

https://accuraaccountants.com/rangers-ebt-tax-case-ruled-illegal/

http://www.professionaladviser.com/professional-adviser/news/2433299/hmrc-wins-big-tax-case-against-rangers-fc-over-use-of-ebts

No-one said they were criminal.

You said:

I would like to ask these bawbags if I robbed a bank and used the money to subsidise buying superstars for Dundee who went on to win the league if that would be OK as it "was won on the pitch".

So don't try and squirm.

What exactly was Mitchell saying? That erratic barometer of public outrage opinion, twitter, seems to have gone into meltdown over him. Wading through a load of usual stuff about "time to move on" there are also quotes about him saying the game shouldn't or can't be fair; the comparisons with Russia isolation; the reconciliation of France & Germany after WWI; Hearts and 'Well were as bad; and fans "live in cloud cuckoo land"?!

I broke my car radio on purpose at this point as I couldn't bear the his fucking whining any longer.

I've already explained it. If you can't wrap your head around a simple analogy that I've already broken down for you then you're a lost cause; much like your team.

Your 'simple analogy' started with "if I robbed a bank".

So EBTs. Criminal or not? you have either to agree they were or you used a shite analogy.

I trust had it been Celtic who extended this level of financial chicanery and Rangers survived that Kinky would be just as passive regarding their discussed retroactive punishments. It's not like he would be at it, or anything.

This is the difference. I have almost no interest in Celtic. Now and then I laugh when they have a bad result but that's about it. Celtic don't appear on my radar.

So our use of EBTs was criminal? Really? Care to explain? Also care to share why the people who administered the scheme aren't having their doors chapped by Police Scotland?

Criminal: informal (Of an action or situation) deplorable and shocking: he may never fulfil his potential, and that would be a criminal waste

Does that help?

Just as well nobody in sport bends and twists the obvious meaning of something to get their own way.

So our use of EBTs was criminal? Really? Care to explain? Also care to share why the people who administered the scheme aren't having their doors chapped by Police Scotland?

The old club tried to cheat, not only the taxman but the creditors out of money they had rightly been owed.

You got found out, ironically it was this cheating that in the end killed you in the end.

You have nobody but to blame but yourselves. Get over it.

FFS, is this Kincardine guy one of these c***s that just goes round and round either being deliberately obtuse for the sake of an argument or just genuinely thick?

No wonder he gets pelters elsewhere on the board for his performances on BRALT.