Sportsound Watch

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Fair do’s, wmm, but the cynic in me still thinks that behind-the-scenes relationships are unaffected by PR stunts such as Sevco’s ‘banning’ of the BBC.

Aye fair do's to you too. You only need to see the 3 nights in a row coverage PeeeeeNess's ramblings were given followed by Sundays full circle-jerk over the violent criminal arses incoherent, tear-stained pish to know the relationship between Auntie and Sevco can't be all that bad. As well as the inexplicable platform given to the likes of the illiterate cheat Barry Ferguson and any other ex-*** who needs a bit of a sub.

Listened to the full podcast from yesterday. Souness is just a horrible character.

At least he was man enough to admit his attitude makes him not cut out for modern day management, although I suspect he’s quite proud of the fact he can’t adjust his man management skills to the modern day footballer.

It’s in fact a very rangers behaviour to think that your aggressive, bullying nature is the ‘right’ way no matter how many times it fails.

Listened to the full podcast from yesterday. Souness is just a horrible character.

At least he was man enough to admit his attitude makes him not cut out for modern day management, although I suspect he’s quite proud of the fact he can’t adjust his man management skills to the modern day footballer.

It’s in fact a very rangers behaviour to think that your aggressive, bullying nature is the ‘right’ way no matter how many times it fails.

Souness’ deficiency in the finer arts of football management were easily masked by Deidco / Murray’s ill-gotten millions.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

......and hence no doubt relies on a wee phone call from Jabba telling him how to pitch his BBC guff. Keef “Wee Blondie” Jacks**n has been operating this way for years, as did The Succulent Jabba himself, before he became the Lord HawHaw of Scottish football.

Yes, but how do you really feel about Jim Traynor?

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Over 3000 more at Aberdeen vs Ross County than at Bournemouth vs Chelsea...

Obviously this is because Bournmouth have a stadium with a smaller capacity than East End Park, but these sort of 'facts' are the level of arguments we're operating at in regard to crowd debates in Scotland

I was trying to point out to a friend moaning about empty seats that attendances in Scotland are actually a very high proportion of the population but he was giving it  'I don't think so, mate' in the face of all facts and evidence. These idiots would have half the adults in Perth at a game at McDiarmid Park just so it looked like Match of the Day. 

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No fan of McLaughlin but I don't think his relationship with iprix is that cozy. BBC ban is down to his impeccable reporting of their vile fans behaviour.

Tedious usual suspects claiming nobody has banned the BBC incoming.

It's more than tedious usual suspects. BBC boycotted. One reporter was banned.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Remind me how it's ok for a club to pick and choose who the press sends to report on them.

I won't do that because it's not okay. Neither is talking outright bullshit. There's enough ammo on Rangers that folk shouldn't need to do that.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

You're not banned but you are banned from reporting our fans getting arrested?

Once again, it's not okay. But once again, it's utter bullshit to say the BBC are banned. And, since I need to repeat myself to idiots, it's not okay to bully news agencies.

But that's not the point. The point is that the BBC are NOT banned. And to say so is a complete lie. It's the sort of thing Rangers themselves would do.

Just now, Randy Giles said:

Once again, it's not okay. But once again, it's utter bullshit to say the BBC are banned. And, since I need to repeat myself to idiots, it's not okay to bully news agencies.

But that's not the point. The point is that the BBC are NOT banned. And to say so is a complete lie. It's the sort of thing Rangers themselves would do.

You can come but you can't do your job.  Semantic pish from you, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Jesus fucking christ. It's not semantic to not talk complete bullshit. It IS idiotic to do so. As I've said, there's enough ammo to fire without peddling myths. All this sort of thing does is give the **** credibility.

Don't bring Him into this somewhat surprising intervention of yours.

Banning free and fair reporting of events is what this.  I'm no lover of the BBC but saying "no-ones been banned you can and report anything you like as long as we don't dislike it" is a ban.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lads, you appear to be arguing the same point from different angles.

Aye, from right and wrong. I mean if it makes Randy happier, let's say excluded rather than banned.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Not surprised you're too seething at the **** to actually get the point I'm making, despite me making it as clear as day.

You've made nothing clear. Hate to go down the big team route here but,  the clyde riviera is hoaching with sympathisers. Disappointing Randy, very disappointing.  :thumbsdown