Sportsound Watch

On 2/7/2018 at 11:13, Swello said:

Aye-  that was utter amateur hour - cringeworthy stuff. Four games on last night, two in the top flight and they couldn't actually talk about one of them because Bonner had fucked off on the final whistle. The only saving grace was that given that it was Pat Bonner, he wouldn't have known who any of the players were. Or either or the teams.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:50, Archie McSquackle said:

They tried to go to Pat not long after I got back to the car. They may have already gone to him for a report just after the final whistle but I doubt it as they had Rangers to talk about. Surely a major part of being the match reporter is you provide a match report after the game? As much as they were laughing and joking about it, he should be getting his arse kicked for that.

Late to this one but I gave the podcast from Tuesday a listen the other day and Bonner and McLauchlin gave a summary at full time before they tried to go back to Bonner later on. It goes without saying that he's an absolute car crash to listen to and you'd think that it'd be best practice for him to at least stick around until the programme goes off air.

However having said that, presumably their producer must have said "Aye, alright Pat off you pop. We'll just go to Brian for the manager interviews. That's you done."

Edited by capt_oats

Billy Dodds also thinks it would be better for Dundee United to lose as then they could 'concentrate on the league'. Apparently having a single extra game next month would somehow be massively distracting and detrimental to Dundee United's league campaign

Billy Dodds also thinks it would be better for Dundee United to lose as then they could 'concentrate on the league'. Apparently having a single extra game next month would somehow be massively distracting and detrimental to Dundee United's league campaign

Tbf all the United fans in my work said exactly the same thing.

They’ve got a few rearranged games coming up that are already going to make things hard for them as it is.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's a nonsense argument that has somehow become accepted among fans, much like how so many English fans have swallowed the shite about how survival in the EPL is more important than winning the FA Cup

Spot on.

Mindless, inane drivel spouted for and by those with little capacity for independent thought.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Chic Young giving us a detailed commentary of the snow at Ayr was mildly amusing. Even more so when he spoke of the wind ‘coming in off the Clyde’.

I had had no idea Ayr was anywhere near the River Clyde.

Hearing that was the final straw for me having just hearad Billy Dodds and the moral and actual bankrupt Gordon Smith talking nonsense. No choice but to turn off!

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Billy Dodds reckons that "we (Scottish football presumably) can't afford to have Dundee United in the Championship"

I noted in another thread that Dundee Utd have barely spent half their history in the top tier anyway...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, plus the game which would've been rearranged is against winless Brechin too, daft.

It's a nonsense argument that has somehow become accepted among fans, much like how so many English fans have swallowed the shite about how survival in the EPL is more important than winning the FA Cup

It’s not though

They know they’re not going to win it and they’ve got much more important games to be playing

As does everyone bar possibly 2-3 teams.

You think? Surely Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hearts/Rangers/Kilmarnock and Celtic all have a chance?

There’s not that much between 5 of they teams and Hearts and Killie have already beaten Celtic pretty convincingly this season.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You think? Surely Aberdeen/Motherwell/Hearts/Rangers/Kilmarnock and Celtic all have a chance?

There’s not that much between 5 of they teams and Hearts and Killie have already beaten Celtic pretty convincingly this season.

I doubt that the whole “Utd would be better losing” Doddsy pish would have been spouted if they have been playing Falkirk or Morton this weekend.

Great attitude to have, don't bother with it you're not winning the damn thing.

What an absolute fucking vulva.

[emoji23]

I’m just saying that Billy Dodds opinion was echoed by every single United fan I spoke to during the week before the game.

It wasn’t a silly opinion at all. Whether fans of other clubs or United agree with it personally or not.