Sportsound Watch

33 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

English had a bit of a mare throughout this one, silly little comments towards Stewart were poor, 

I like him but he can get very snidey when pissed off.

He even managed to emerge without credit when arguing with John Brown a couple of years ago for the same reason.

I am a fan of sportsound and listen to the podcasts most days. For all the drivel of chick young and the rest, last night was the first time I've ever had to switch it off.

English and Stewart were a disgrace, both seemed to have the belief whoever shifted loudest made the most valid point. Kenny hosted equally to blame for making no effort whatsoever to control them

I am a fan of sportsound and listen to the podcasts most days. For all the drivel of chick young and the rest, last night was the first time I've ever had to switch it off.

English and Stewart were a disgrace, both seemed to have the belief whoever shifted loudest made the most valid point. Kenny hosted equally to blame for making no effort whatsoever to control them

I agree with you that they were acting like children...but this made me want to listen to it more.

Maybe I just love a bitch fight but I found myself pausing it when the kids were loud (something I'd not normally do).

Your tastes do veer toward the tabloidy Panda, don't they?

My tastes vary, but I can't deny I enjoy watching and listening when things start to go tits up.

It's the unpredictability of it.

My wife watches shite like celebrity big brother and every now and then, despite my protests, I get sucked in.

Sportsound, and in particular Willie Miller, are a disgrace. Richard Gordon seems to be the only person with a vague grasp of how the Nations League, and even then I'm not convinced he fully understands it.

Willie Miller openly admitted he's not bothered to look into the competition at all. He didnt even know which countries were competing in it. Retire or sack him, just don't let him on my radio ever again.

After the petty nonsense between Tom English and Michael Stewart on Monday and now this, I think that's me done with Sportsound.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 minute ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Sportsound, and in particular Willie Miller, are a disgrace. Richard Gordon seems to be the only person with a vague grasp of how the Nations League, and even then I'm not convinced he fully understands it.

Willie Miller openly admitted he's not bothered to look into the competition at all. He didnt even know which countries were competing in it. Retire or sack him, just don't let him on my radio ever again.

After the petty nonsense between Tom English and Michael Stewart on Monday and now this, I think that's me done with Sportsound.

It truly is amazing that you can earn a living by talking about football to thousands of people, but feel absolutely no obligation to ensure that you're informed.

I don’t normally listen to Sportsound but after seeing the fuss on here I downloaded Monday’s episode. I didn’t learn much about football but Michael Stewart and Tom English are brilliant they should have their own show

I’m thinking maybe team captains on a pointless argument based panel game.

Round one: Michael argues that Morrisey was a genius while Tom explains why Johnny Marr was the real talent

3 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The guys on Sky Sports News who were bringing the draw to the nation, don’t understand it! Nobody understands it!

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The guys on Sky Sports News who were bringing the draw to the nation, don’t understand it! Nobody understands it!

I understand it.

Just took a few minutes' reading online. It's amazing how everybody seems to be absolutely flummoxed by the competition, as if it's somehow the most complicated thing ever.

It's really quite simple and I think it's a big improvement on having international friendlies.

11 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Miller actually takes pride in his own ignorance. I remember last season he was commentating on a game which didn’t involve Aberdeen or the Old Firm, so his lack of enthusiasm was apparent throughout the match.

He was asked about St Johnstone’s possible line-up or formation and he sneered that he’s got better things to do with his time than research such things.