Sportsound Watch

During the sports news on Radio Scotland this morning they played a clip of Rob Maclean describing a goal at Ibrox, complete with crowd noise, which I assume was from last night. Have they given up the pretence of not watching a feed of non-televised Sevco home games?

Edited by The Master

It's a joke (the BBC as a whole I mean, but especially how they are handling the 'ongoing situation at Ibrox')

Last night the commentator said "...and now over for an update from Rob McLean who is watching, err monitoring events at Ibrox"

And during his wee spiel RM came away with something like "...and Kenny McLean had a shot which produced a great save from Foderingham. Apparently."

If anyone downloads Sportsound podcast on their phone you’re in for a surprise.

They’ve uploaded the wrong content. Instead of discussion on League of Nations we are treated to what seems to be last January’s content regarding Ian Cathro as Jambo boss with Tam McManus, Billy Brown and Kenny Mac at the helm.

Honesty it’s a comedy of errors at the BBC. [emoji57]

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

If anyone downloads Sportsound podcast on their phone you’re in for a surprise.

They’ve uploaded the wrong content. Instead of discussion on League of Nations we are treated to what seems to be last January’s content regarding Ian Cathro as Jambo boss with Tam McManus, Billy Brown and Kenny Mac at the helm.

Honesty it’s a comedy of errors at the BBC. emoji57.png

:lol: Yes, I see that.

Some daft b*****d has uploaded the programme from 24-01-17.

They've maybe spotted your post, because the correct one has now gone out too.  

Everything they do just now is characterised by a complete lack of care.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Yes, I see that.

Some daft b*****d has uploaded the programme from 24-01-17.

They've maybe spotted your post, because the correct one has now gone out too.  

Everything they do just now is characterised by a complete lack of care.

I was half-asleep this morning when I listened to this and the thought did cross my mind of, "Wait a minute. Ian Cathro's back at Hearts?"

The BBC predictor

In a league with family.

The English Premier League is updated immediately with points showing....

The Scottish Premier bit can sit days without update. The leagues are showing last updated 23rd....after the Celtic game. The lazy fuckers haven't done it for the games on the 24th yet.

It a petty thing but shows the general lack of the BBC giving not a f**k about the SPFL in comparison to EPL

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The part of tonight’s show I heard was Chick wanking on about Sevco being back. Because they managed to beat Derek trophy dodger McInnes’ underperforming Aberdeen side. Again.

I have never said anything nasty about Raith Rovers. What gives you the right?

3 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

The BBC predictor

In a league with family.

The English Premier League is updated immediately with points showing....

The Scottish Premier bit can sit days without update. The leagues are showing last updated 23rd....after the Celtic game. The lazy fuckers haven't done it for the games on the 24th yet.

It a petty thing but shows the general lack of the BBC giving not a f**k about the SPFL in comparison to EPL

Agree with this. It's always annoyed me that there's no quick link on the header of the Football page to get to Scottish Football. There is for Women's football, which is great, but why do I need to scroll down to the bottom of the page or hope for some tidbit in the main section of the page. It'd be so easy to do but --meh -- f**k it.

Last night, they bothered to get award winning documentary maker Margot McCuaig on to talk about the demise of Third Lanark and then let Chick "Chick" Young and Archie McFuckingPherson talk all over the top of her. What could have been an interesting segment turned into two old men saying names aloud, guessing numbers, and misremembering things.

Stuart and Tam regained a bit of credibility by swiftly dismissing the 'Colt' proposals as a load of bollocks. I think they're the first to actually discuss it on Radio Scotland over the last week given the omerta in place on Sportsound