Americans and their gun culture

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the murder rate I was talking about the rise in domestic murder they you conveniently sidestepped earlier. Only some police are armed with guns. You were talking about firearms laws not tazers. Look at thread title.

You state that most robbers are armed anyway. I assume you have stats to back that up. If you're referring to guns then you're talking rubbish. If you're talking knives then surely an equal footing would be for everyone to carry knives not guns.

And you have the cheek to question others' logic

Both.

If I choose to prepare for a situation like this and take my own protection into my own hands I should be entitled to. If you want to rely on a thinly spread police force, that's fine, your call.

But I can see how people in the UK might be less hysterical when it comes to allowing citizens to carry weapons they haven't deemed.. lethal.

No you shouldn't. If we allow any old idiot (you) to carry a firearm we'd have to allow everyone else to as well.

This means any otherwise small disturbance, argument or incident now has the capacity to be escalated into something far worse.

There is no getting away from the fact that guns are cool but we (you) can't be trusted with them.

Away and have a w**k over Janes annual or learn kung-fu if you are so worried.

Now someone thinks it's a good idea to allow weapons designed to do only one thing.. And that's kill into the general population.

Garbage trucks were only designed to smash into shoppers and kill them.. They're a menace to people and we'd all be safer without them.

Don't be a fucking moron, there's many perfectly legitimate uses for firearms, I'll name some for you, Enrico:

- Target shooting

- Hunting

- Self-defense

- Collection purposes

- Turning the TV on and off

As I stated earlier, the primary purpose of a gun is to fire small projectiles at high velocity. As a knife's primary purpose is to cut and pierce things.

With regards to the murder rate I was talking about the rise in domestic murder they you conveniently sidestepped earlier. Only some police are armed with guns. You were talking about firearms laws not tazers. Look at thread title.

You state that most robbers are armed anyway. I assume you have stats to back that up. If you're referring to guns then you're talking rubbish. If you're talking knives then surely an equal footing would be for everyone to carry knives not guns.

And you have the cheek to question others' logic

It really wouldn't be so confusing to you if you had read my previous comments. From the very start I've been railing not only on gun laws here in the UK but just offensive weapon laws in general.

Do you have stats to support the claim that domestic murders would rise if firearms laws were relaxed in the UK? From a country other than the US?

Of course you don't, you moron, you have the idiotically clinged to stat that people in households with guns in the US are more likely to be involved in a firearm related injury than those in households without, which is absolutely fucking obvious and I've already responded to with my car/carless families analogy.

Very soon you're going to see just how capable people are of commiting mass murder without guns. And then you'll still cling to your gun laws, you'll still rally to ban whatever they used in those slaughters, unless you happen to use them. Because then of course you have a convenient reason for doing so.

We have public transport, there's no need for cars today. Banning civilians from owning cars would remove the ever present threat of mass vehicular homicide as well as the countless tragic deaths of people in automobile accidents and intentional killings here in the UK.

Cars are armored machines, no citizen has the right or need to travel in one.

Garbage trucks were only designed to smash into shoppers and kill them.. They're a menace to people and we'd all be safer without them.

Don't be a fucking moron, there's many perfectly legitimate uses for firearms, I'll name some for you, Enrico:

- Target shooting

- Hunting

- Self-defense

- Collection purposes

- Turning the TV on and off

As I stated earlier, the primary purpose of a gun is to fire small projectiles at high velocity. As a knife's primary purpose is to cut and pierce things.

It really wouldn't be so confusing to you if you had read my previous comments. From the very start I've been railing not only on gun laws here in the UK but just offensive weapon laws in general.

Do you have stats to support the claim that domestic murders would rise if firearms laws were relaxed in the UK? From a country other than the US?

Of course you don't, you moron, you have the idiotically clinged to stat that people in households with guns in the US are more likely to be involved in a firearm related injury than those in households without, which is absolutely fucking obvious and I've already responded to with my car/carless families analogy.

Very soon you're going to see just how capable people are of commiting mass murder without guns. And then you'll still cling to your gun laws, you'll still rally to ban whatever they used in those slaughters, unless you happen to use them. Because then of course you have a convenient reason for doing so.

We have public transport, there's no need for cars today. Banning civilians from owning cars would remove the ever present threat of mass vehicular homicide as well as the countless tragic deaths of people in automobile accidents and intentional killings here in the UK.

Cars are armored machines, no citizen has the right or need to travel in one.

I'd add using American spelling to your list.

I'd shoot someone for that 'crime'.

No you shouldn't. If we allow any old idiot (you) to carry a firearm we'd have to allow everyone else to as well.

This means any otherwise small disturbance, argument or incident now has the capacity to be escalated into something far worse.

There is no getting away from the fact that guns are cool but we (you) can't be trusted with them.

Away and have a w**k over Janes annual or learn kung-fu if you are so worried.

What are you talking about? I did not ask for a law exclusively allowing me to carry a firearm. I asked for a repeal of a law banning everyone from doing so.

I already do Krav Maga and have done for years (as well as boxing in my past), I'm still at a major disadvantage if I get attacked by multiple people, especially if they are carrying weapons (which they're aware of). I possibly could beat all of them, but it's very, very unlikely.

Any small incident DOES have the capacity to escalate and does at this moment in time. People get stabbed constantly in arguments at bars or beaten to death in fits of rage as well as run over by cars. What is this fantasy world you live in where without guns society is civilized and gentle? Have you ever been to Czech Republic? Do you know how liberal their gun/weapons/self-defense laws are? Do you think they're uncivilized?

I absolutely can be trusted with a gun, don't project your own insecurities, paranoia and lack of stomach for self-defense onto me. I'm not asking the government to force a gun into your hand, you're supporting them taking one out of mine though. You're supporting me being thrown in prison for hypothetically carrying a weapon purely in case of attack.

You're also supporting my hypothetical wife potentially being thrown in prison for 10 years for carrying a taser, because she doesn't want to get robbed or sexually assaulted again.

But f**k, as long as you live in your little bubble f**k anybody who is a bit more realistic and would rather be prepared if anything bad did happen when they're out and about, right.

Good going, buddy!

Why wouldn't I use the form of English used by the vast majority of English speakers (both native and secondary speakers)?

Oh right, partially the same reason people are so anti-gun in the UK. You have that pathetic little weird, bitter, inferiority complex type thing when it comes to America.

Oh yeah, and it's "our language" or whatever..

What on earth is a garbage truck? This boy's just making up words as he goes along. And what kind of "collection purposes" require a gun? By his words/drivel per minute rate I suspect Swampy on the troll.

What on earth is a garbage truck? This boy's just making up words as he goes along. And what kind of "collection purposes" require a gun? By his words/drivel per minute rate I suspect Swampy on the troll.

Right, "bin lorry". You'll have to excuse me as I did live in America for a considerable period of my life.

Bin lorry really does sound fucking retarded, btw.

What are you talking about? I did not ask for a law exclusively allowing me to carry a firearm. I asked for a repeal of a law banning everyone from doing so.

I already do Krav Maga and have done for years (as well as boxing in my past), I'm still at a major disadvantage if I get attacked by multiple people, especially if they are carrying weapons (which they're aware of). I possibly could beat all of them, but it's very, very unlikely.

Any small incident DOES have the capacity to escalate and does at this moment in time. People get stabbed constantly in arguments at bars or beaten to death in fits of rage as well as run over by cars. What is this fantasy world you live in where without guns society is civilized and gentle? Have you ever been to Czech Republic? Do you know how liberal their gun/weapons/self-defense laws are? Do you think they're uncivilized?

I absolutely can be trusted with a gun, don't project your own insecurities, paranoia and lack of stomach for self-defense onto me. I'm not asking the government to force a gun into your hand, you're supporting them taking one out of mine though. You're supporting me being thrown in prison for hypothetically carrying a weapon purely in case of attack.

You're also supporting my hypothetical wife potentially being thrown in prison for 10 years for carrying a taser, because she doesn't want to get robbed or sexually assaulted again.

But f**k, as long as you live in your little bubble f**k anybody who is a bit more realistic and would rather be prepared if anything bad did happen when they're out and about, right.

Good going, buddy!

In the interim, between now and you being allowed your weapons of choice, perhaps you should address the reasons why multiple attackers may be assailing you?

Step 1. Probably not a great idea to mention the bin lorry thing again, makes you look like a dick.

Step 2. Don't use mental health as a slur, not ok now along with the n word and slavery

Step 3. Shut the f**k up

In the interim, between now and you being allowed your weapons of choice, perhaps you should address the reasons why multiple attackers may be assailing you?

Step 1. Probably not a great idea to mention the bin lorry thing again, makes you look like a dick.

Step 2. Don't use mental health as a slur, not ok now along with the n word and slavery

Step 3. Shut the f**k up

1) People using the term "bin lorry" makes them look like twats, just trying to help out.

2) I will use retard as a slur. It's a pretty common slur and doesn't carry the negative connotations you believe it does, at least around the people I've spent my time with.

3) Stop becoming embroiled in conversations above your level about things you aren't informed on.

Are you implying a person being attacked is responsible for it?

What is that? How am I supposed to know why individuals and groups would attack me? Maybe I looked at them in a way that didn't please them in their drunken stupor. Maybe my frame makes them feel insecure.

You should probably ask them, I'll try and get the contact details of the next person that comes at me and pass them onto you.

What's with gun nuts and their fetish for being attacked? It reads like they get off on it when the big monologues about "my attacker" start getting brought out.

What's with the anti-gun nuts and their fetish for being infantilized and taken care of by the authorities. It's almost like you get off on being rendered powerless and having to rely on a largely absent group of people to protect you in the case of danger.

Super weird.

Archived