Americans and their gun culture

Most shootings in America are at schools, "non-gun zones". All this means is that the murderers know there's gonna be no good guys to stop them on their rampage. The whole of the UK is exactly the same.

Most shootings in the US are not in schools. But thanks for playing.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most shootings in America are at schools, "non-gun zones". All this means is that the murderers know there's gonna be no good guys to stop them on their rampage. The whole of the UK is exactly the same.

Most shootings in America are in the home, crazed gun owners shooting their crazed gun owning spouses.

Apart from those with down syndrome and those us who think bampots luke you are the very last people who should have a firearm, or sharp sticks for that matter

You going to cut my hands off as well?

Still pretty dangerous just with them, one-on-one or one-on-several-without-weapons at least.

Terrible things seem to happen when you're around. Just seemed like you're the common factor. Either that or you're the unluckiest couple on the planet.

Alright, fair enough, yeah you have a point. Of course living in shitty, shitty areas does significantly increase your risk of encountering these things. Especially if, as I said, you don't impose a curfew on yourself or live in fear of walking through certain areas.

Staggie trying to take moral high ground against me after his bin lorry/ garbage truck analogy.

Classy guy

I don't see how that could be offensive to people who were affected by the crash, other than simply being reminded of it. Which, I mean, you need to get over, the world can't refrain from talking about things in case it triggers a traumatic memory, sadly.

Most shootings in America are in the home, crazed gun owners shooting their crazed gun owning spouses.

He's clearly talking about mass shootings, not domestic squabbles that explode into violence.

They happen here too (domestic squabbles), and people get stabbed or beaten to death on occasion.

When you've lived in shitty, shitty areas trust me you get attacked a lot. I find a lot of people so for disarmament laws come from nice cosy neighborhoods where threats of extreme violence aren't a fairly regular occurence if you don't do exactly what certain people tell you.

When something happens in South Central Dingwall, nothing happens. It's just another Teuchter dead...dead...dead...

Garbage trucks...

- Self-defense

"Lloyds Far-massy."

If you love the gun culture of the US so much, and hate the nanny state here, may I respectfully suggest that your easiest way forward is to f**k off back there?

Trust me, if I could I fucking would be back there in a minute.

Campaign to start up a citizen exchange program for beta leftards in the US to exchange citizenship with UK citizens and I'll sign up in a heartbeat.

Feel sorry for the humans left behind here, really, but you're beating your head against a wall.

So nutters are going to attack us with guns because we have no guns, but we cant trust the nutters in our society like staggie with guns - he'll end up shooting someone for asking him the time. The only option left imo...

1874768-ed209_18.jpg

He's clearly talking about mass shootings, not domestic squabbles that explode into violence.

They happen here too (domestic squabbles), and people get stabbed or beaten to death on occasion.

It is, however, easier to accidentally kill someone with a gun than a knife. Or hammer. Or indeed most household items.

Trust me, if I could I fucking would be back there in a minute.

Campaign to start up a citizen exchange program for beta leftards in the US to exchange citizenship with UK citizens and I'll sign up in a heartbeat.

Feel sorry for the humans left behind here, really, but you're beating your head against a wall.

Even picked up the "leftard" chat while you were there, good 'un. A term beloved of Tea Party lackwits and Fox News fans.

It is, however, easier to accidentally kill someone with a gun than a knife. Or hammer. Or indeed most household items.

Right, so it's accidental deaths now that's the issue.

What's the leading cause of accidental death in the US again?

Hint: It isn't guns..

There's a ton of things citizens can own that CAN cause accidental harm and death, that's no reason for criminalizing possession of guns.

What's with the anti-gun nuts and their fetish for being infantilized and taken care of by the authorities. It's almost like you get off on being rendered powerless and having to rely on a largely absent group of people to protect you in the case of danger.

Super weird.

Yep, planning out the details of some future made-up attack in your head is definitely not as weird as well, not doing that.

I don't have a fetish for letting the authorities deal with some hypothetical gun attack, in just the same way that I don't have a fetish about not being able to individually deal with a house fire or a sudden medical emergency.

Yep, planning out the details of some future made-up attack in your head is definitely not as weird as well, not doing that.

I don't have a fetish for letting the authorities deal with some hypothetical gun attack, in just the same way that I don't have a fetish about not being able to individually deal with a house fire or a sudden medical emergency.

I wasn't planning out the details of any attack. They're examples of REAL events that have occured around the world.

But yeah, comprehending that those things could happen here is fucking bizarre.

I mean.. we banned guns after all.

Archived