Americans and their gun culture

Be interesting to see just how many were killed by guns in the last five years. It'd be more interesting aswell to see how many of those were suicides and how many were intentional murder.

The statistics on police shootings are interesting. In the UK nobody was shot dead by the police in 2012/13, 412 people were in the US. The US figure only includes "justifiable homicide", so the true figure could be a fair bit higher. If police go out on normal duties in a region where people are allowed to carry concealed weapons, and things kick off, how much more likely is that in a panic they'll start firing? We're much safer having few guns about.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bigironboppastaggiejimmy66hoffa69 banned. :(

If he doesn't come back under another name to keep this and the "I'm certainly no beast but I can sympathize with a person of a mindset 300 years ago hiring a 10 year old girl(s) in a brothel, as can my wife" conversation going then I'm going to have to do some work soon.

I can only imagine the concern that every bad guy has a gun is something that would lead to that. However I think the same mentality can be said for accidental shootings where it's an ordinary member of the public too.

I'd imagine the only time UK Police go to an incident thinking they may need a gun is when there's terrorism or serious crime involved. Imagine if you needed to be ready to fire for every domestic quarrel.

• 2 weeks later...

3 year old accidentally shoots parents in New Mexico.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-31082294

This wouldn't have happened if the kid had received proper firearm training IMO, poor parenting.

If he had received proper firearms training he would have killed both of them, IMO.

Of course one incident of bad parenting definitely means someone 2000 miles away shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves and their loved ones "BAN THEM ALL!!!"

What if Rebecca Blacks Dad was armed to the teeth when you said you 'wid'?

She was only 13, he had probable cause.

Of course one incident of bad parenting definitely means someone 2000 miles away shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves and their loved ones "BAN THEM ALL!!!"

If bad parenting is allowing your moronic weans to have access to guns and they kill people, then I think you'll find that this is a bit of an epidemic in the States. If the wee boy hadn't access to a gun, then the poor couple wouldn't have had to defend themselves. BAN THEM ALL!

If bad parenting is allowing your moronic weans to have access to guns and they kill people, then I think you'll find that this is a bit of an epidemic in the States. If the wee boy hadn't access to a gun, then the poor couple wouldn't have had to defend themselves. BAN THEM ALL!

Even the ones the police have? Or should they be more powerful than us?

Archived