Americans and their gun culture

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the "Swiss gun culture" never slated?

Probably because:

1) The vast majority of males have proper training, by the army, and don't just get a gun because they can buy it along with fags and beer.

2) Even after initial training/national service, you're officially still a reservist for the next 12 years or so, so refresher training is available.

3) In addition the government pays towards training for everyone.

4) The above applies to non-automatic weapons; you can't just go and get machine guns etc.

etc. etc.

Probably because:

1) The vast majority of males have proper training, by the army, and don't just get a gun because they can buy it along with fags and beer.

2) Even after initial training/national service, you're officially still a reservist for the next 12 years or so, so refresher training is available.

3) In addition the government pays towards training for everyone.

4) The above applies to non-automatic weapons; you can't just go and get machine guns etc.

etc. etc.

So why couldn't we have something similar here?

Aye but people own guns there so surely that turns them all into mass murderers no?

Uhh.. Yes, because... Umm...

You could also btw take specific examples of really dense gun ownership areas in the US with no/extremely low murder rates as well or mass murders in their history.

Like I said way back at the start, leftards/sheep in general always need a scapegoat. People aren't ever responsible for their own actions, because then if you work at ridding the world of whatever you blame for the murder (guns, drugs, knives etc.) we can all buy into the big happy delusion that it won't occur again.

Until it does and then we rid the world of that other thing we blamed.

Yeah let's conveniently forget that guns kill innocent people. Oh and staggie you were talking tripe about the bin lorry. You brought it up to compare to guns. Clearly guns were designed to kill. Bin lorries were designed to . . . .

Wait for it.........

Collect rubbish.

Clearly a ridiculous comparison that was pretty flippant

Right, so it's accidental deaths now that's the issue.

What's the leading cause of accidental death in the US again?

Hint: It isn't guns..

There's a ton of things citizens can own that CAN cause accidental harm and death, that's no reason for criminalizing possession of guns.

I didn't say accidental deaths were "the issue". And I fail to understand why you bring other causes of accidental death into the mix. That's akin to telling me that we shouldn't try to cure Aids because more people die of heart attacks.

Your position on this is a litany of strawmen, digressions and non sequiturs.

You like guns, we get it. However, most of us also get that they're dangerous and contribute to the figures for accidental deaths in the US.

But me owning very large knives doesn't scare you? It shouldn't, because I dont want to murder anyone. Just like if I was allowed to own a gun my first thought wouldn't be "let's go kill some innocents".

Very large knives require you to be very close to someone to hurt them, and to use physical effort. I've met you and know you to be small and cowardly. Guns are easy for wee p***ks like you because you just click the trigger so there's no strength needed and you have the luxury of distance.

Yeah let's conveniently forget that guns kill innocent people. Oh and staggie you were talking tripe about the bin lorry. You brought it up to compare to guns. Clearly guns were designed to kill. Bin lorries were designed to . . . .

Wait for it.........

Collect rubbish.

Clearly a ridiculous comparison that was pretty flippant

Guns are designed to propel small peices of metal at high velocities, that's it.

I didn't say accidental deaths were "the issue". And I fail to understand why you bring other causes of accidental death into the mix. That's akin to telling me that we shouldn't try to cure Aids because more people die of heart attacks.

You said they were an issue in response to another "issue" being rendered obsolete.

It's not akin to that at all, that's a terrible analogy. Banning guns because they cause accidental death is like banning cars because they do so (cars cause purposeful death as well, btw).

Guns causing accidental death is irrelevant when it comes to prohibiting them, safety measures are brought in and regulation addresses the issue with accidents just like with any other product.

Very large knives require you to be very close to someone to hurt them, and to use physical effort. I've met you and know you to be small and cowardly. Guns are easy for wee p***ks like you because you just click the trigger so there's no strength needed and you have the luxury of distance.

You're proving my point. If someone pulls a knife of tries to fight me, I have no way of fighting back. I either have to lose some hard earned valuables/take a beating/lose my life. Guns make everyone equal.

I have machetes, combat knives, trench hawks, hammers etc. and I have perhaps the most deadly weapon in my home, an automobile. I'm laughably far from small (197cm) and I'm not weak, I'm very fit physically and could probably go on for hours.

But you don't need to go on for hours to kill one person, or exert much force to stab someone/multiple people in the throat with a small blade that is large enough to puncture a vital artery and kill you fairly quickly (assming you don't stab multiple times).

As I said with a car if you speed into a crowded narrow street filled with people you would take out around 50 easy, assuming you stopped and didn't keep going afterwards hitting more.

Guns are designed to propel small peices of metal at high velocities, that's it.

Maybe so, but firearms were originally designed for an advantage in warfare i.e. killing/maiming people

Archived