Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent efficient performance against a team who were only really interested in defending.

MacLeod yet again the pick of our players but I felt our midfield bossed it, I had written McCulloch off but this holding midfield role suits him, only once was he caught out for pace, more good link up play between Boyd and Clark, I really hope ally sticks with this when Miller is fit again. Mcgregor had another good game and Zaliukas did not put a foot wrong, I wish the same could be said for Moshni who apart from the OG was also lucky to not see red, the rules are clear enough, last man, goal scoring opportunity, he should have been off, not that would have made any difference to the score but it would have at least meant a suspension which would have been great.

As for the Blue order, yes they try and wind opposition fans up, but this hardly is unique, I have seen the same type of thing from opposition fans at virtually every away game I have been to, its just part of football everywhere, I have absolutely no real problem with it as long as they do not start throwing things, seems to be a lot of people on this thread desperate for boring sterile atmospheres, let young lads be young lads.

LOL

Lets be honest here, they were launching coins and other objects into an away support that was heaving with woman, children, disabled fans and Dumbarton fans who were simply there to watch a game of football. These are the people we associate your club with, a fuckin horrible day out. If I was in charge at Rangers I'd have these pellets as far away from visiting fans as possible. What an embarrassment.

"Sterile atmosphere" = going to a game without fear of receiving a 2p coin to the head.

Mate, they were just trying to create a bit of atmosphere with their coin launching and sectarian chants. Everyone should get off their backs IMO.

I think the recent comments allows me to be glad I support Dumbarton. As many of my friends who sit around me know I have only been following the Sons for three years. Before that I had a season book at a team from the east end of the city.

What I have learned is that both the young supporters of old firm have no respect for anyone.

Simply it's a game of football you go to watch. We all have teams and players we dislike, mines is Ian Russell simply because he scores against us every time he plays.

My past experiences have ensured I will never be an away fan at ibrox or Celtic Park.

I love going to watch Dumbarton and will continue to go as long as my legs allow me. Mon the Sons

What part of "as long as they do not start throwing things" in my post did you miss?

What part of numerous Dumbarton fans posts stating they were throwing things did you miss?

Maybe if you keep telling yourself they never launched things at us it might not actually be true. You may aswell accept that as long as your club puts these absolute morons next to away fans the more your reputation will continue to deteriorate. What age is the guy with the megaphone? He looked about 40. Mortifying for him.

What part of numerous Dumbarton fans posts stating they were throwing things did you miss?

Maybe if you keep telling yourself they never launched things at us it might not actually be true. You may aswell accept that as long as your club puts these absolute morons next to away fans the more your reputation will continue to deteriorate. What age is the guy with the megaphone? He looked about 40. Mortifying for him.

Their reputation couldn't go any lower, to be fair.

But hey, like they say, its just a minority eh. Just like the 'minority' that rioted in Manchester and chant about wading in ****** blood.

Their reputation couldn't go any lower, to be fair.

But hey, like they say, its just a minority eh. Just like the 'minority' that rioted in Manchester and chant about wading in ****** blood.

To be fair to them today it probably was a minority. I know and met up with a few Rangers fans after the game who are absolutely bang on and had no idea of the flag waving incident/union bears nonsense.

I agree though, absolute lowest of the low. "If you hate Alex Salmond clap your hands" produced a fair few excited slevers in the stand to our left. Get those tits a napkin.

Except I was not directly addressing your post was I?

It seems I was not clear enough for you, let me clarify in the hope you get it.

The fans who were trying to wind you up I have no issue with.

Not once did I claim that things were not thrown, not once did I try to sweep anything under the carpet, if this did indeed happen then I expect the guilty parties will be caught on CTV and hopefully banned.

Is that clear enough?

You weren't directly addressing anyone's post. You made a comment on the comments which have been made by Sons fans (all of which fairly consistent in that things were thrown) and all you could mention was that a bit of banter was okay. Apologies for taking this the wrong way and I'm glad we agree.

To be fair to them today it probably was a minority. I know and met up with a few Rangers fans after the game who are absolutely bang on and had no idea of the flag waving incident/union bears nonsense.

I agree though, absolute lowest of the low. "If you hate Alex Salmond clap your hands" produced a fair few excited slevers in the stand to our left. Get those tits a napkin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A

'... and he shags grannies. He's a... granny shagger.'

You can't argue with that flawless logic, to be fair.

'... and he shags grannies. He's a... granny shagger.'

You can't argue with that flawless logic, to be fair.

Makes you want independence a bit so all the idiots go to England or Wales..?

Seriously though, definitely the worst away experience I've had since I've been following Dumbarton. Will have to think twice before returning to Ibrox.

Makes you want independence a bit so all the idiots go to England or Wales..?

Seriously though, definitely the worst away experience I've had since I've been following Dumbarton. Will have to think twice before returning to Ibrox.

a snapshot of the lower end of evolution..every village has some..

I went to Pennsylvania once and visited Lancaster County where the Amish, an ultra conservative protestant people live.Through their religious beliefs they live life to a set of values from an arbitrary point in the 17th century when their ancestors settled there from Europe. They stoically adhere to the use of 17th century farm equipment, medicine and social norms. They live in closed communities and distrust the outside world. It's as if they are involved in a heroic struggle to maintain a way of life that makes no sense or logic in the 21st century.

As I listened to the various the ditties sung by the Blue Order yesterday about King James VII/II (scum apparently) and his son-in-law William of Orange, God Save the Queen, Rule Britannia, You can stick your independence up your arse, If you hate Alex Salmond clap your hands.....etc. etc. I thought that they had a similar, albeit more aggressive relationship with the modern world to the Amish. I think they sang one or two football songs to support their team but they were, it seemed, a token gesture.

As other posters have said, why sit these eejits next to the visiting fans? And as other posters have said, the decent Rangers fans must despair of them.

A reasonable pie and bovril yesterday. I took the easy payment option and should clear the debt by the end of the season.

As for the Blue order, yes they try and wind opposition fans up, but this hardly is unique, I have seen the same type of thing from opposition fans at virtually every away game I have been to, its just part of football everywhere, I have absolutely no real problem with it as long as they do not start throwing things, seems to be a lot of people on this thread desperate for boring sterile atmospheres, let young lads be young lads.

I get what you're saying here Tedi but they crossed the line. There's creating a good atmosphere with a decent wee bit of banter and then there's foaming at he mouth seethe - shouting direct insults and throwing stuff all whilst sounding very bitter and embarrassing. Unfortunately for all of us TBO/UB spent the entire match doing the latter.

Surely you can't condemn lads acting like this in an away end that's full of wee kids? If there was a 'Dumbarton Ultras' bit and then TBO then It'd be ok but luckily we don't have a group like them to put up with.

Fairly garbage experience all round - on and off the park. I suspect many will think twice before traipsing back to that Hellhole in January.

This isn't the type of game that will decide whether we stay up this season though so roll on an important home match v Livvy.

Been to most football grounds in Scotland and I can safely say that Rangers fans are the worst by a country mile! I won't be giving that club my money again. As for the game - Murray needs to get things sorted. We look devoid of ideas, pace and determination. I know getting a result at Ibrox is a big ask but at this rate we will get a thumping from Livi

Archived