Eldorado Wine - 'Scotland's favourite'

Was it OldTawny or Rich White? One was more vile than the other...needs must now and again though. Scotsmac was the other Buckfast alternative in Airdrie. If out of town maybe Sanatogen or a sherry...Gold Dust or Four Crowns.

Four Crown.

The tramps in Dumbarton and Helensburgh drink QC cream, I'm told it's allegedly a sherry.

I mind years ago being surprised by the number of sherry drinking tramps but it was pointed out to me that it had the best level of booze to £ value. I don't know how scientifically they researched this but I'm sure they had fun figuring it out. :thumsup2

Sad to say that in my younger years(Age 14-17) I have polished off more than the odd bottle of many of the drinks mentioned here.

My usual tipple was Merrydown Gold, but depending on finances and access I have experienced El Dorado, QC, Tennents Super, an innumerable number of cheap vodkas and ciders, and half the offerings from Aldi and the other discount supermarkets.

Somehow, I seem to have turned out relatively well.

Sad to say that in my younger years(Age 14-17) I have polished off more than the odd bottle of many of the drinks mentioned here.

My usual tipple was Merrydown Gold, but depending on finances and access I have experienced El Dorado, QC, Tennents Super, an innumerable number of cheap vodkas and ciders, and half the offerings from Aldi and the other discount supermarkets.

Somehow, I seem to have turned out relatively well.

Matter of opinion.

Is Kestrel still on the go? I remember my local Alldays doing a roaring trade in selling single cans of the stuff to the alkies in the neighbourhood.

Not sure about Kestrel, but I recall Skol being sold for 49p a can in my local off sales when I was 16 or 17. Even at that price the stuff was a rip off.

I don't know Lucky numbers or Scotsmac, I don't think I've tried El Dorado either but I'm aware of that one. I was more of the discerning Thunderbird kind of a chap myself.

Used to love apple Thunderbird as a yoof.

The tramps in Dumbarton and Helensburgh drink QC cream, I'm told it's allegedly a sherry.

My old fella used to drink QC Cream. He was an alcy.

It's about time Pulse got a bit of a makeover. I'm amazed I can still see after drinking that as a daft 15 year old.

Most people remember 11th September 2001 for a terrorist attrocity in New York. I remember that date as it was the first time I was ever sick with drink, whilst trying to have a conversation with my bird who was in Florida on holiday. I'd been racing my mate to see who could finish a bottle of Pulse fastest.

Is Kestrel still on the go? I remember my local Alldays doing a roaring trade in selling single cans of the stuff to the alkies in the neighbourhood.

They sell Kestrel in the Key-Store near my house. Never tried it, but I did try Spar brand super lager a few years back in a recording studio. Amazingly, the recordings didn't come out too well. I assume there must have been some sort of equipment fault to blame.

Was never a great fan of Eldorado - Buckfast was always the preferred tipple through in Alloa - ( where we have a higher class of jakey obviously )

The one that truly sickened me when I was a lad was Martini - even now I couldn't look at a bottle of that stuff...

Kestrel and some of the Spar Lagers were end of the month stuff when I was in my early 20's. By this time I was exclusively a lager drinker so if we were skint we'd sit in someone's flat playing cards and drinking cooking lager. We made the mistake (a few times, no excuse really) of buying the 3.5% stuff going for quantity over relative quality and and all you do is get giggly and piss like a race horse. I'm not too nostalgic for those days. :lol:

Kestrel and some of the Spar Lagers were end of the month stuff when I was in my early 20's. By this time I was exclusively a lager drinker so if we were skint we'd sit in someone's flat playing cards and drinking cooking lager. We made the mistake (a few times, no excuse really) of buying the 3.5% stuff going for quantity over relative quality and and all you do is get giggly and piss like a race horse. I'm not too nostalgic for those days. :lol:

The Scandia Green dilemma!

In my 1st ever swaree of underage drinking,i got a bottle of ELD from the off licence in Sinclair St,just up from Cappielow in 1985,done a few bottles in that era but gave up on it a long time ago,i had a few mates who would buy it all the time,good days

post-43638-14091363307128_thumb.jpg