The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Great result today, well done. We play Dundee in the Scottish Cup soon, so any advice you can pass on would be helpful!

Sign 3 new players the day before the match and play them all. Wind up Williamson so he gets himself sent off. 

29 minutes ago, Arbroathfcdaft1993 said:

He played very well. So tidy on the ball and his work rate is brilliant going to be very good for us i hope going by his debut.

Think he will be good for you, gets fans off their seats…very exciting player was great for us 

13 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I haven’t seen anything official yet saying Corfe and Isiaka have been released. Anyone?

Praying that Oakley stays and that Allan and Tait return soon. 

Allan doesn't fit in that team for me, we need quality but we are in a battle still and he isn't that kind of player

3 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Massive result today. Only noticed we signed 3 new players when I saw the team sheet. Let's hope this isn't just a one off and results and improvements in performance continue. 

Cove getting battered and us winning with a +2 scoreline helps a bit in the goal difference stakes, which could also be important, come end of the season.

A rare night to enjoy for the Lichties. 

At risk of being horribly misunderstood..... put your trust in Dick.

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

I haven’t seen anything official yet saying Corfe and Isiaka have been released. Anyone?

Praying that Oakley stays and that Allan and Tait return soon. 

No imagine it’ll be soon. Guessing we only got told about Fosu cause it would have been a bit of a surprise seeing he’d started for Peterhead otherwise 

5 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

New signing El-Mhanni was outstanding - he was full of confidence, dancing past Dundee players and had great link up play with McKenna.

Oakley was also very impressive - he played a big role in today's result.

Balde and Stewart also put in a great shift and Hilson's work rate was top notch when he came on as a sub.

The new signings have made an big impact and helped Arbroath obtain their first league win over Dundee since 1979.

Great away support, great game, great result, great team performance.

More new signings to follow.

Arbroath's season has just begun. 

Genuine question. Are you on the board? Or are you trying to get on the board? 

5 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Obviously it's just one game - but I'd hope a few people learn the lesson of judging signings etc. on their previous playing history/ background before they kick a ball :) Just because we got our signings wrong from down South in the window last time doesn't mean the entire market is shite and not worth bothering with.... it looks like we've picked up a couple of improvements already. I saw some absurd comment on the Facebook page regarding our new striker and his scoring record...... that's got f**k all to do with his ability to bring the ball down, get a team up the park, bring others into play etc etc.... Strikers don't need to score goals to win games for teams if they're doing all the others things well.

Even if we'd lost today I think Dick was spot on to play all three new guys - we need to try and get our signings in and team settled and working together as quickly as possible to get them all match fit and a level of understanding built up. Everything prior to this window is irrelevant player wise - with several better players coming into the team it also takes a lot of pressure off other players and hopefully allow guys like Mikey McKenna to regain the form they've previously shown.

From a personal point of view - today see's my childhood football dreams completed at the mere age of 32! Growing up in Dundee, all I wanted was to beat Dundee and Dundee Utd in at Dens and Tannadice.... but considering they were both challenging top 6 in the Premiership and we were utter dug shite and getting papped by Stranraer infront of 300 fans, I never thought I'd see the day.... Beating any other teams, Rangers, Celtic, whatever pales into insignificence to me compared to beating the two Dundee teams.  I am a happy man this evening :)

32? 

Has anyone heard what's happening with the greetin faced, unloyal, ungrateful wee bairn, Low?
He may have been a fans favourite, but what he did, leaving us in the keech like that, spittin the dummy oot when Allan was signed was totally unforgivable.

After all Arbroath did for him and he wanted to leave without a valid reason.....

Not a fan.

Edited by fatwull

10 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Allan doesn't fit in that team for me, we need quality but we are in a battle still and he isn't that kind of player

Agree 100%, just can’t see a place for him

3 hours ago, fatwull said:

Has anyone heard what's happening with the greetin faced, unloyal, ungrateful wee bairn, Low?
He may have been a fans favourite, but what he did, leaving us in the keech like that, spittin the dummy oot when Allan was signed was totally unforgivable.

After all Arbroath did for him and he wanted to leave without a valid reason.....

Not a fan.

yes, he is all of that, but we are a better side, with him in it

17 minutes ago, fatwull said:

But he is not 'with us' is he? he wanted away, if he doesn't want to play, we can sell him?

Sell him to who?, we are speaking about lower league SPFL

There are players all over the world playing for teams, who are “ not with us”, and they make it work, I would take him over Allan or Hoti or Tait, any day

Edited by ecto

4 hours ago, fatwull said:

Not a fan.

I heard a rumour that Low might come back and play…. I know at the Q and A it was suggested that it would be him done but I heard otherwise the other day and heard he might come back and play. I would welcome him back with open arms if that’s the case. He could come back in and help us stay up.

Also noticed Mikey and Dylan Tait tweeting each other. Tait buzzing about that win yesterday which was great to see and he suggested he’d be back soon so that injury can’t be as bad as first feared.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I heard a rumour that Low might come back and play…. I know at the Q and A it was suggested that it would be him done but I heard otherwise the other day and heard he might come back and play. I would welcome him back with open arms if that’s the case. He could come back in and help us stay up.

Also noticed Mikey and Dylan Tait tweeting each other. Tait buzzing about that win yesterday which was great to see and he suggested he’d be back soon so that injury can’t be as bad as first feared.

With hindsight, which is all we have, we would have been cheaper giving Low a pay rise, than signing Allan