The Arbroath Thread

Hartley will be gone soon from Hartlepool, if not this week coming then it won’t be long afterwards. I would imagine the new manager will get rid of a lot of the players too. Jack has barely had a sniff so would imagine he’ll be one of the players punted.

Just been sacked. You’d imagine the new manager will give all the players a chance and as far as I’m aware Hartlepool have a clause to buy Hamilton if they want to.

I don’t see him having any future at Livingston so it’s likely his next move could be to a FT team in the Championship.

44 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Hartley will be gone soon from Hartlepool, if not this week coming then it won’t be long afterwards. I would imagine the new manager will get rid of a lot of the players too. Jack has barely had a sniff so would imagine he’ll be one of the players punted.

Did you hear his interview yesterday? Sounded like he knew his fate at that point. Was talking like a dead man walking.

Could be back with us soon.

50 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Did you hear his interview yesterday? Sounded like he knew his fate at that point. Was talking like a dead man walking.

Could be back with us soon.

Yeah, yesterday was his final chance after a run of terrible results. Got to feel a wee bit sorry for him as he inherited a shambles but the fans never took to him or the players he brought in so was bound to happen. Could you see him return to Cove?

20 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, yesterday was his final chance after a run of terrible results. Got to feel a wee bit sorry for him as he inherited a shambles but the fans never took to him or the players he brought in so was bound to happen. Could you see him return to Cove?

Was a busy summer and the players he brought in either weren't good enough or didn't gel quick enough or both! Difficult going to an unfamiliar league but that was the challenge.

I could see him returning to Cove. His partner is John Sheran's daughter, his family are still up here and we aren't exactly firing all guns blazing. McIntyre's head is very close to the block. If we lose our next league game, against you lads, and Hartley is keen to rejoin us then I think it's an easy decision.

His reputation is burnt undeniably from his failure down south. He was touted, in the media, as a candidate for the Killie job. The Championship would be the highest level he'd get right now.

I never thought he was the holy grail as a manager but McIntyre, who granted was coming into a tough gig, has been dreadful in every facet.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Does it count as cross border if he's coming from Livingston though?

Because the window is closed he can’t return to Livingston outside the window. Well he can, but afaik he can’t be registered to play until January. Would imagine this would stop him coming to Arbroath.

It’s all meaningless anyway as Livingston loaned him out with the intention of Hartlepool buying him so unless the new manager coming in doesn’t rate him he’ll be staying down there for the meantime.

My understanding is that loan players who are aged 21 or under or are club trained players can move between one team to another on loan ( unsure of how many times this is allowed in a season).

If Jack Hamilton was a youth player with Livi then he could perhaps be termed a club trained player ( unsure exactly what this wording means) - but I think there could be a potential opening to go on loan to another club.

I am absolutely sure DC will be in advanced talks with potential strikers to bring in soon - but I think Arbroath need to get creative and find out if their is potential loop hole to get Jack Hamilton on loan until January ( I suspect he will sign for a full time club in Jan).

12 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

My understanding is that loan players who are aged 21 or under or are club trained players can move between one team to another on loan ( unsure of how many times this is allowed in a season).

If Jack Hamilton was a youth player with Livi then he could perhaps be termed a club trained player ( unsure exactly what this wording means) - but I think there could be a potential opening to go on loan to another club.

I am absolutely sure DC will be in advanced talks with potential strikers to bring in soon - but I think Arbroath need to get creative and find out if their is potential loop hole to get Jack Hamilton on loan until January ( I suspect he will sign for a full time club in Jan).

But not outside of a transfer window.

There is no such thing as a 'loan' in international terms, it's a temporary transfer. The player's registration moves to the other FA, with the agreement that it transfers back at the end of the loan.

Nobody can register him with the SFA outwith the tranfer window. Not even Livi.

Edited by Jamie_M

29 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

But not outside of a transfer window.

There is no such thing as a 'loan' in international terms, it's a temporary transfer. The player's registration moves to the other FA, with the agreement that it transfers back at the end of the loan.

Nobody can register him with the SFA outwith the tranfer window. Not even Livi.

I have no idea what I’m talking about here but what happens if the new Hartlepool manager doesn’t want to keep him? There must be a way of cancelling loans due to managerial changes. Surely a player can’t be forced to stay at a club that doesn’t want him and won’t play him, particularly as he’s still technically a Livingston player. Surely they would then be denying a non-signed player from making a living. I can imagine there would be some kind of loan recall/cancellation in these circumstances, no?

Not that I could see him coming back to us anyway and think we need to move on.

Edited by Tattie36

I have no idea what I’m talking about here but what happens if the new Hartlepool manager doesn’t want to keep him? There must be a way of cancelling loans due to managerial changes. Surely a player can’t be forced to stay at a club that doesn’t want him and won’t play him, particularly as he’s still technically a Livingston player. Surely they would then be denying a non-signed player from making a living. I can imagine there would be some kind of loan recall/cancellation in these circumstances, no?
Not that I could see him coming back to us anyway and think we need to move on.

If all parties want to cancel the loan then they can do so. However he’ll only be able to play with the reserves until January and won’t be able to be loaned out again.

25 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Surely they would then be denying a non-signed player from making a living. I can imagine there would be some kind of loan recall/cancellation in these circumstances, no?

Yeah, because the football authorities are notoriously bothered about those sort of employment rights - see the very existence of transfer windows and the aforementioned 2 club rule.

They can all agree to cancel whatever they like but as Djaffo said, he can't be registered to play for anyone, not even Livi.

Not just loans. If you freed say McKenna tomorrow, he wouldnt even be able to play for anyone else until January.

35 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah, because the football authorities are notoriously bothered about those sort of employment rights - see the very existence of transfer windows and the aforementioned 2 club rule.

They can all agree to cancel whatever they like but as Djaffo said, he can't be registered to play for anyone, not even Livi.

Not just loans. If you freed say McKenna tomorrow, he wouldnt even be able to play for anyone else until January.

Totally understand that he couldn’t be loaned out to another club until January but the way it was worded earlier made out that Livi couldn’t even recall him and play him if they wanted.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Totally understand that he couldn’t be loaned out to another club until January but the way it was worded earlier made out that Livi couldn’t even recall him and play him if they wanted.

They can't.

His registration currently sits with the English FA. He can't be registered to the SFA until the window opens.

Edited by Jamie_M