The Arbroath Thread

45 minutes ago, Smokie joe 🐟🇱🇻 said:

DC said in his interview with Simon Ferry that sitting in the stands means he’s further away from referees after his altercation at Ayr the other yearemoji23.png would imagine that has some part but he’ll be able to see more sat in the stand and like people have said can come down when he needs too

I think it makes a lot of sense at places like Palmerston and Ayr with a bit of height to the stand. Couldnt really understand why he chose to sit in the front row of the stand at Gayfield behind the dugout though. Thats surely a worse view than standing there?

I think it makes a lot of sense at places like Palmerston and Ayr with a bit of height to the stand. Couldnt really understand why he chose to sit in the front row of the stand at Gayfield behind the dugout though. Thats surely a worse view than standing there?

Yeah I’m not sure he’s normally a few rows back I think but he’ll probably feel less likely to get involved with refs when he’s in the stand regardless how close to the pitch he is to the pitch / dugout

Logan Chalmers apparently joining Arbroath on loan in January from United.  Promising young player, hopefully a good move for all concerned.

experience is what is required for the 2nd half of the season, so hopefully not

Don't think experience matters a jot, plenty of experienced players in that squad but not many strikers you'd be confident of getting us a goal

No idea what Chalmers is like but I've heard positive reviews and he was in Neilsons plans to play quite often (mentioned he wanted to keep him at club to give him game time off the bench) at the start of the season so he must have something about him

Glass is supposed to be going back to Tannadice to play from Cove unfortunately

Don't think experience matters a jot, plenty of experienced players in that squad but not many strikers you'd be confident of getting us a goal

No idea what Chalmers is like but I've heard positive reviews and he was in Neilsons plans to play quite often (mentioned he wanted to keep him at club to give him game time off the bench) at the start of the season so he must have something about him

Glass is supposed to be going back to Tannadice to play from Cove unfortunately

If he is in Neilsons plans, let him find playing time for him, after the pointless signing of the two boys from Hibs, not their fault, I have to say,surely an experienced striker at this ‪level is our main transfer aim for January

Loads of experienced strikers available for transfer in January, we should just sign no-one else until we get one. Every successful part time team at this level has had loaneees, I don’t see why we’d be any different.

Just to add, what experienced strikers do people think we should actually be looking to sign?

If he is in Neilsons plans, let him find playing time for him, after the pointless signing of the two boys from Hibs, not their fault, I have to say,surely an experienced striker at this ‪level is our main transfer aim for January

Tbf I think Stirling could've been excellent if he got more of a run at RB. Campbell been a bit of a miss for me. Had a few decent games but not enough of an impact.

It says in the courier he's (Chalmers) set to sign.

Mcguigan can't even get a game for Stenny now. Heard we were interested last Jan. Surely would've been better off signing for us. That ship probably sailed now

That’s really surprising. He was easily Stenny’s best player when we played them. I would still like to see him sign for us.

That’s really surprising. He was easily Stenny’s best player when we played them. I would still like to see him sign for us.

Only thing is he's 31/32 and works for the club as a youth coach or something. Agree with what you said though he was a total stand out most of the times I've seen him play.

On 23/12/2019 at 17:13, 1320Lichtie said:

Mcguigan can't even get a game for Stenny now. Heard we were interested last Jan. Surely would've been better off signing for us. That ship probably sailed now

Aye Arbroath made an approach for him but the player turned it down, nothing personal, just a bit of loyalty to Stenny along with travelling apparently.