The Arbroath Thread

A disaster of an evening.
Firstly Bobby Linn's injury - if, as DC has suggested,  he has ligament damage he will be out for the rest of the season.
Secondly, losing after dominating most of the 2nd half.
Also, loss of revenue from failing to qualify for the next round and missing out on income from the Celtic match.
Finally, losing to a very average Falkirk team won't help the player's confidence.
A game we should have won - but struggled up front to hit the target.
Total disaster of evening all round.

One shot on target, and that a soft lob that Mutch fumbled. Says it all.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

A disaster of an evening.

Firstly Bobby Linn's injury - if, as DC has suggested,  he has ligament damage he will be out for the rest of the season.

Secondly, losing after dominating most of the 2nd half.

Also, loss of revenue from failing to qualify for the next round and missing out on income from the Celtic match.

Finally, losing to a very average Falkirk team won't help the player's confidence.

A game we should have won - but struggled up front to hit the target.

Total disaster of evening all round.

Falkirk shut us down all night. We didn’t test Mutch at all after his mistake. Bobby should have been rested tonight and McKenna energy used.

Edited by Seeker

Bobby’s injury, some thoughts. Did he get caught after he crossed? I didn’t see it by on the live stream.

The stretcher should have been summoned immediately. It was obviously not a good idea to get him to hobble round the pitch.

I really worry that this could be career ending. What about the impact on his job. The club must do everything to support him and get him through whatever surgery and rehabilitation he may need. Really sickening just thinking about it.

Hopefully we will hear soon about Bobby's injury - some players with an ACL injury can recover within 6 weeks, while others can take months or more than a year - really depends on the nature of the injury - I am sure the club will do everything they can to support Bobby, it's a really big blow missing Bobby in these games coming up.

Once we get an update on Bobby's injury we will have a clearer picture of how long he will be out for - I wish him well in his recovery.

After the high of Saturday's result last night was a big downer. We played really well for the first 20 minutes or so of the first half, got a comedy goal then Falkirk took over for the rest of the half and we gave away a poor goal. 

We were on top for most of the second half, but the same old failing of not being able to score came back to haunt us. A few minutes from time Tom O'Brien's tackle on Sammon, when right through, stopped him shooting but Fotheringham, following up smashed the ball past Gaston. If only we had had someone following up Jack Hamilton's shot that hit the post earlier to do the same.

Bobby Linn's injury looked really bad. Like all supporters I hope it looked worse than it is but if it is cruciate ligament damage I doubt that we will see him play again this season. Just hope he recovers well and can make it back for next season, he'll be sorely missed in the coming weeks. Best wishes to him for a complete recovery. 

Normally, as I understand it, only Premier League clubs can get players on an "emergency loan", but have these rules been relaxed during covid ?

Bobby Linn, Luke Donnelly and Gav Swankie are all out injured - will DC be looking to bring a player on loan at this late stage ?

We have the players who can win games and a quality squad, but any more injuries or sending offs and we might need another loan player ?