The Arbroath Thread

Thank you for the compliment for the team I have supported for over 70years. Joel is very much liked by all at the club and is great with the kids and will be greatly missed. I just hope the fans come out in their numbers to give him a great send off in his last game for Arbroath .

Perhaps Livingston will give us both of these players , whichever one it is he will be made most welcome.

You've got 20 more years than me but I echo your sentiments. 

I would just love for a massive turn out of home fans for every game at Gayfield til the turn of the year (and beyond  ! )

When Joel and Harrison go back to Livi hope they both kick on to new levels.

Edited by DUAFC

On 06/10/2021 at 17:32, Housecaptain said:

Thank you for the compliment for the team I have supported for over 70years. Joel is very much liked by all at the club and is great with the kids and will be greatly missed. I just hope the fans come out in their numbers to give him a great send off in his last game for Arbroath .

Perhaps Livingston will give us both of these players , whichever one it is he will be made most welcome.

He will be missed, no doubt about it, but I did read that Jack Hamilton is out of contract next summer

On 06/10/2021 at 12:35, 1320Lichtie said:

Just geeez them both 

How many loan players can you have from a team, is it 2?

Doubt Harrison will be back in Jan, so if it is 2 then it'll be one of those mentioned. Would love it if Jack Hamilton would get the chance to score goals for us and succeed in the Premiership, he's scored goals at every other level, even scored twice in the Premiership, isn't really fitting in to how we're using him though, whether that's his fault or Martindale's, or a bit of both. Panayiotou hasn't had any game time (except for a mistaken substitution, that saw him taken back off after 10 mins), apparently needs to get his fitness up first, so may be a good shout for doing that at Arbroath, actually looked no bad in the brief spell i saw him play.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

How many loan players can you have from a team, is it 2?

Doubt Harrison will be back in Jan, so if it is 2 then it'll be one of those mentioned. Would love it if Jack Hamilton would get the chance to score goals for us and succeed in the Premiership, he's scored goals at every other level, even scored twice in the Premiership, isn't really fitting in to how we're using him though, whether that's his fault or Martindale's, or a bit of both. Panayiotou hasn't had any game time (except for a mistaken substitution, that saw him taken back off after 10 mins), apparently needs to get his fitness up first, so may be a good shout for doing that at Arbroath, actually looked no bad in the brief spell i saw him play.

Clark 100 percent should go back to Livi then go to League 1 or 2 cause he won’t get much game time here. It’s too big a step for him in my opinion could be good for a team lower down.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Clark 100 percent should go back to Livi then go to League 1 or 2 cause he won’t get much game time here. It’s too big a step for him in my opinion could be good for a team lower down.

Ohright, sure Dick will let Martindale know if he's not going to get much game time right enough. We've got a young goalie doing well at Edin City just now, and put some players out on loan to them last season, so maybe Clark will go out there the 2nd half of the season. 

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ohright, sure Dick will let Martindale know if he's not going to get much game time right enough. We've got a young goalie doing well at Edin City just now, and put some players out on loan to them last season, so maybe Clark will go out there the 2nd half of the season. 

Be good for him I reckon he’s got ability and works hard but upstairs he’s just not streetwise enough yet for championship. Makes some poor decisions and he’d get away with them lower down but in this league it’s cost us or nearly cost us a few times. Just needs games and some experience and I think he’ll be decent. Just a young lad out of a football academy it’s understandable.