The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Got to love Bobby Linn's celebration today.

Had a sort of Maradona 94 feel to it with how pumped up he was after scoring.

His eyes might have been a bit different from Diego’s…..for obvious reasons 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It really is pretty crazy that we are third in this league and from what I’ve seen so far nobody is that much if at all better than we are. Raith and Morton recently were two poorish performances but in every other game dare I say it... we’ve been the better team? And we’ve been missing super Nicky Low too

Magic this

You deserve it.  Barring a shocker of a start today, the two occasions I’ve seen Arbroath they are comfortably the best side I’ve seen play against us.

It’s a low bar I understand 😂 but nevertheless true.

10 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Top 4 are starting to pull away with partick not far off but we have a very healthy 10 point gap to 6th. Squad is looking in good shape too with everyone playing and hope low will be back soon too emoji1145.pngemoji1145.pngemoji1145.png

Current top 4 could be detached quite soon IMO.

11 minutes ago, MaroonSmokie said:

Fantastic comeback yesterday ... delighted for the management and the team sticking to their gameplan.  Sure I saw the ref flash a red card at someone in the dugout area but couldn't see what it was all about and nothing reported ... anyone got any ideas?

John young I think. Not sure what for.

Got to love Bobby Linn's celebration today.

Had a sort of Maradona 94 feel to it with how pumped up he was after scoring.

There’s definitely a Napoli feel to Bobby’s goal. More Insigne than Maradona. Cut in from the left wing, a quick look up and curl it into the far corner. Absolute class !

4 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

There’s definitely a Napoli feel to Bobby’s goal. More Insigne than Maradona. Cut in from the left wing, a quick look up and curl it into the far corner. Absolute class !

No sure if it was curled. I was on the seaside and it was a rocket, dipped into the top corner nearly. Some strike. Kind of like his one that hit the post in the 2-0 game v Dunfermline when Hilson put in rebound. Except closer in and probably hit harder.

13 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Can I be an Arbroath fan please?

😆 I've been thinking the same for a couple of seasons now (and Gayfield is closer than Firhill......).

Seriously though, tremendous effort from you lads this season. 

If youse finished top four this season, would that be the highest ever league finish? It must be the best side in a generation though.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

😆 I've been thinking the same for a couple of seasons now (and Gayfield is closer than Firhill......).

Seriously though, tremendous effort from you lads this season. 

If youse finished top four this season, would that be the highest ever league finish? It must be the best side in a generation though.

If we finish 15th/16th in whole pyramid I’m guessing we would’ve been higher before at some stage. Years and years ago mind you. And yeah definitely best for a generation. Some of our results this season would be impressive for a Hearts or Hubs in this division never mind us.

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

Paul Reid has been appointed Commercial Director at Arbroath. 

He had a similar role at Tannadice for about 20 years.  Great appointment and a really talented guy on a number of levels. 

Good luck Paul !

And an impressionist