The Arbroath Thread

On 21/02/2022 at 06:37, keptie said:

Why?

Where would you like Nicky Low playing btw...

Really surprised you guys didnt sign someone on loan this week, probably midfield as Low seems to be struggling with injuries. Shame, as do think you have a real chance this year and a good signing would of helped the odds🤷‍♂️

Wish you well.

A very disappointing 2nd half last night after such a up tempo and dominating 1st half. I thought that was Wighton’s best game since returning to the club but I believe he won’t be allowed to play against Dunfermline on Saturday. Big improvement needed on Saturday as we battle to find that elusive win. 

I still believe we can do this though lads! 9 massive games to go

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH-RESULT

Congratulations to Chris Hamilton on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties draw with Partick Thistle last night. It was another solid midfield display from Chris who has now won back to back awards. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

Edited by TASC_1878

Really good support for both teams. Arbroath numerically and Thistle vocally.

Hospo looked stowed out. Great for the coffers. If all else fails a couple of big crowds in the play offs would help ease some of the pain.

Edited by DUAFC

55 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Really good support for both teams. Arbroath numerically and Thistle vocally?

I’m often somewhat envious of the backing the away supports generate, even teams with a good deal fewer fans than Thistle.  The Arbroath support often seems mainly reactive and, especially, could do a good bit more to raise the team during periods of the game when we’re up against it.  Going way back, the chants from the home support became a real factor and, you sensed, very occasionally influenced games.   Credit to those, especially younger fans, who are making an effort at games but - in the run-in- a louder and more consistent vocal support is badly needed and that means getting more vocal.   Otherwise, if you think about, what else differentiates a consumer on the terraces from a supporters.  Sing up, shout up - make yourself heard.

OH GAYFIELD PARK 

OH GAYFIELD PARK 

IS WONDERFUL 

IS WONDERFUL 

OH GAYFIELD PARK IS WONDERFUL  !

IT'S GOT THE CLIFFS AND THE ABBEY 

OH GAYFIELD PARK IS WONDERFUL  

Edited by DUAFC

Superb disciplined and fighting display from the Red Lichties against a very good Pars team (HOW are they bottom of the league with a squad like that?) today.

Sir DC was superb when questioned on the performance on AFC TV after the game as he replied "At this stage of the season i am not caring about performances as it is all about points and we got 3 points today" and the Gaffer was spot on, yes the Pars hit woodwork twice and had a few chances but we had 3 clear cut chances from Hammy, McKenna and Stewart and each of them should have scored.

Another thing i meant to add was EVERY Red Lichtie player's efforts today was spot on and fought for the cause.

I could not argue with DC's starting XI but i never agreed with the positions he put the players in as i would have started with Goldie at right back and Stewart right midfield with Hendo in the centre with C. Hamilton and Bobby wide left midfield, but the Gaffer was spot on changing it at half time as all the Pars pressure was coming down their left hand side with Dow their main threat.

Great to see all our subs played their part with Thomson/Craigen/Hilson/Big Luke putting in a great shift when they came on.

Well done lads, Smokies & Wine 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

Fair play for being in this position it’s completely surreal. Play off at worst now 

Just hope we get back to some kind of form soon. We’ve done really well to come through the last 5 games without a defeat. How we have 7 points from them I’m not sure. But shows the fighting spirit and how good our back 4 is 

14 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I fancy Scott Martin and Graham Dorrans in centre midfield for us next year in the premier league.

There is a reason Dorrans isn't playing in the top flight, hasn't got a full game in him, won't get the same time on the ball, Martin on the other hand

Edited by ecto