All things Dundee FC

Seeing all the kerfuffle about Joey 'Cigar-in-your-eye' Barton getting banned from The Rangers' training ground, have we ever had anything similar? Perhaps I'm too young but I'm not aware we've ever signed a similarly despicable character that even Dundee supporters found slightly odious. 

30 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

Seeing all the kerfuffle about Joey 'Cigar-in-your-eye' Barton getting banned from The Rangers' training ground, have we ever had anything similar? Perhaps I'm too young but I'm not aware we've ever signed a similarly despicable character that even Dundee supporters found slightly odious. 

Sure he was liked at the time when he signed but Nacho Novo seems like a right James Blunt. Left on bad terms and joined the UVF.

Anyone got on stories about his time at Dens proving him as a tosser?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was a host of players that got banned under Bonetti.

Now you mention it, I do remember Patrizio Billio being given the boot. Had a quick look on his Wikipedia page and it looks as though he was sidelined because of a falling out with Marco di Marchi (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/2227802.stm).

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rab Douglas also smashed Curier and Curier was then offloaded.

Suspect he deserved it. Wouldn't fancy getting one of Rabby D's bear paws landed on my nose, mind.

54 minutes ago, Girth said:

Sure he was liked at the time when he signed but Nacho Novo seems like a right James Blunt. Left on bad terms and joined the UVF.

Was he not pumping some boy at Raiths missus?

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Does the time he watched us play Rangers in a friendly and walked around the pitch to go and sit in with the Rangers fans count? Not just a tosser, but an attention seeking one.

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Does the time he watched us play Rangers in a friendly and walked around the pitch to go and sit in with the Rangers fans count? Not just a tosser, but an attention seeking one.

Ahh yes. Absolute supercunt

3 hours ago, Thomohawk said:

Not exactly a training ground incident but Chic Charnley got sent off during the 7-2 hammering by St Johnstone for having a go at Robbie Raeside. 

Argument then reignited in changing rooms at half time with punches being exchanged! Unfortunately Chico was never to play for the Dee again. 

Wouldn't describe Chic as an odious character but he did come with a reputation and some baggage and in the end it ended acrimoniously. 

Still have to say though, that Chic is still up there as one of the most talented players ive seen in the dark blue. 

2 hours ago, Derry boy said:

Didnt get he get 3 red cards? 2 on the pitch then another for smashing the referees changong room up?

I was at that game and the boy completely lost the plot. It was highly entertaining but it would've been better if it was a Clyde player.

I was at that game and the boy completely lost the plot. It was highly entertaining but it would've been better if it was a Clyde player.

I admire that sort of attitude in one of our players. The 'Cammy Fraser I'm going to break your fücking legs' attitude. Complete red mist pyscho deranged madness. Fantastic.
It's similar to the missus just before the painters arrive. When you're sleeping with one eye open in case the large chopping knife goes between your shoulder blades. That's not quite so much fun I'll grant you.

I admire that sort of attitude in one of our players. The 'Cammy Fraser I'm going to break your fücking legs' attitude. Complete red mist pyscho deranged madness. Fantastic.
It's similar to the missus just before the painters arrive. When you're sleeping with one eye open in case the large chopping knife goes between your shoulder blades. That's not quite so much fun I'll grant you.

I remember Cammy doing that in one game against Rangers - put one of their players about 6 feet up in the air. He didn't even bother to wait for the inevitable red card - just turned his back and marched off.

I remember Cammy doing that in one game against Rangers - put one of their players about 6 feet up in the air. He didn't even bother to wait for the inevitable red card - just turned his back and marched off.

Exactly. That's precisely the spirit we need more of. Let's be the baddest, maddest motherfuçkers in the league.

Your former reporter Liam Kennedy has made a smashing start to his new job in Sunderland. They found facebook and twitter posts from him over the past few years calling his new readership 'scummy c***s' and the like. :lol:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/liam-kennedy-an-apology-to-readers-1-8130860