All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Difficult to take the moral high ground with a player when you have a manager who assaults opposition players. Awkward situation for the club.

I wish our manager and Gowser would assault you. 

I'm hoping that it turns out to be handbags and no charges are brought.
If that's the case then I'd like to stick with him and give him one last chance to toe the line.

If he's charged and convicted of an offence, (I know that is quite a bit down the line) then I think the club has no option but to sack him. It'll be a shame in a footballing sense as he's been one of our most consistent performers during his time at Dens and brings at lot of attributes on and off the pitch. But he's had his chance before and the club stood with him through it. I don't think they can do that a second time.

It's frustrating as well because he'd get another club easily and they'd say they are prepared to try and 'rehabilitate' him and spin it in a positive way. Whereas I don't think we'd get away with that a second time.

He has been charged for assault. Not yet convicted but be surprised if he doesn't plead guilty as it's bound to be on cctv.

A member of the door staff made a complaint to the police he'd been assaulted, the police arrived and Bell Streeted him.

What an absolute tube. You just about get away with the shite he's pulled at 23 and 24 when you're a young guy. He's fucking 30 years old now and still pulling this angry wee man act. 

St. Mirren put their lot behind the boy to keep him out of the jail for battering a cop once, then we had no choice but to release him based on the fact he did it again and Dundee are now in the same boat having stuck by him initially and being made to look a bit daft over it. 

49 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

What? Blood alcohol testing every training session? That’s not enforceable I think.

Could tell him it would be random and hope that would be enough to keep him away from it just incase?

Could tell him it would be random and hope that would be enough to keep him away from it just incase?

I mean I don’t think it’s legally enforceable. Drug testing in employment is enforceable but I don’t think alcohol testing is. Could be wrong though.

He has been charged for assault. Not yet convicted but be surprised if he doesn't plead guilty as it's bound to be on cctv.

A member of the door staff made a complaint to the police he'd been assaulted, the police arrived and Bell Streeted him.

Bell Street on a Sunday night/Monday morning; ooooocha fucker.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

I mean I don’t think it’s legally enforceable. Drug testing in employment is enforceable but I don’t think alcohol testing is. Could be wrong though.

Ah fair dues, absolutely no idea tbh. 

Was it not gambling counselling he got?
I think all of this is an unknown until we actually know what happened and know if the PF is taking it on further. There have been a few boys coming out on twitter just saying the whole thing is handbags but I'm pretty sure we got that last time around.
I would trust security at most pubs and clubs as far as I could throw them.

This won't be a one way argument - trust me.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Bouncers will always be on camera, at any decent venue, so it should be cleared up pretty easily either way. 

Bouncers will always be on camera, at any decent venue, so it should be cleared up pretty easily either way. 
As a young man I was assaulted by an off-duty bouncer just outside the nightclub where he worked.

Went to the police and complained - miraculously the CCTV feed outside the club had been "wiped" and nothing could be done.

There’s a part of the smoking area near the entrance of the underground that’s not covered by CCTV.

Agreed but the authorities take a very dim view of people whose job it is to hopefully make sure everyone has a safe and trouble free night out getting panelled in the course of their duties.

Rightly so.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I was expecting a response from a kiddy on Funster hard man.  Just a different one.

Seriously though, what did the "Oh wait..." mean?

Were you insinuating no-one was condemning him? Either way, let's get the facts established before we start throwing him under a bus.