All things Dundee FC

Can't blame McCann for not taking the job.  I wish him all the best.  Thanks for helping out - again.

The big worry is that McCann knew how many of the current squad were not up to scratch and after talking to the board has realised how  difficult it will be to move them on and bring in replacements.

Hartley really did leave a complete mess.

Bit surprised McCann didn't want to continue on tbh, suppose his stock is now very high and he'll likely be able to get a top flight club with a more stable squad later down the line.

Be surprised if Ross left St Mirren, he's 75% through rebuilding the backroom staff and squad to suit what he wants, I'm not sure he'd be overly tempted to throw that away to join Dundee, especially if theres coaches/players he'd be wanting with him, and if he's genuinely targeting promotion next season.

Bit surprised McCann didn't want to continue on tbh, suppose his stock is now very high and he'll likely be able to get a top flight club with a more stable squad later down the line.
Be surprised if Ross left St Mirren, he's 75% through rebuilding the backroom staff and squad to suit what he wants, I'm not sure he'd be overly tempted to throw that away to join Dundee, especially if theres coaches/players he'd be wanting with him, and if he's genuinely targeting promotion next season.

He's Derry'd oot his nut though.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's also got two years left on his contract. 

I'd be surprised if Jack Ross left St. Mirren for us. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind Stubbs. He built a good squad at Hibs. People forget how much of a shambles they were when they went down and he invested solidly. I know he didn't take them up but I think that doesn't mean he wouldn't keep us up and push us on. I know people will disagree but that's my view anyway.

Either that or Jocky.

Thank You.

He was onto a good thing with Alloa and jumped ship pretty quickly when the opportunity came up.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's also got two years left on his contract. 

Its Mallan all over again. You'll have two weeks of Dundee fans utterly convinced hes leaving you lot, before the hire Steven Pressley.

Just now, Trump said:

He was onto a good thing with Alloa and jumped ship pretty quickly when the opportunity came up.

With the greatest respect to Alloa, Alloa > St Mirren is a larger jump than St Mirren > a struggling Dundee side. He'd also have the problem of there being numerous Dundee players that'll be hard to move on.

BoredomGuy confirms with all his inside knowledge that there is no way Dundee will get Jack Ross.

Just awaiting the press conference announcing Jack Ross as our new manager now.

Also, am I right in thinking you haven't posted in a Dundee thread since also confirming that we were doomed for relegation when McCann took over?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Also, am I right in thinking you haven't posted in a Dundee thread since also confirming that we were doomed for relegation when McCann took over?

I posted somewhere admitting I was wrong about McCann. I've barely posted the last month anyway.

I'd rather we brought in someone else given some of his mind boggling substitutions so - although not pleased - I'm not disappointed. I do share the worry though that this is an indication he wasn't promised he'd be given enough funds to replace and release some of the absolute guff we have in the squad.

31 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

I'd be surprised if Jack Ross left St. Mirren for us. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind Stubbs. He built a good squad at Hibs. People forget how much of a shambles they were when they went down and he invested solidly. I know he didn't take them up but I think that doesn't mean he wouldn't keep us up and push us on. I know people will disagree but that's my view anyway.

Either that or Jocky.

Thank You.

I wouldn't have been happy with Stubbs for the 5 game relegation battle but I wouldn't be completely against him getting the job with a pre-season to prepare.

There's no pot of money for anyone to throw into the squad and too much dross there on long contracts who will be happy to sit tight and take the money with little prospect of anybody coming in to offer them anything else so whoever takes over has a really difficult job in keeping the team up never mind pushing on. Doubt very much if Jack Ross would risk it, I'm sure a call to McCann would end any interest. It'll be one of the usual suspects that are out of a job and desperate..... they'll need to be.... thanks Paul, thanks pal!