All things Dundee FC

It could be around 25k with the stadium size + capacity on the pitch itself. That is more than double SG and with the quick sell outs this year, there is the demand for more.

Fair enough, I couldn't figure out what the capacity would be for the stadium for a gig. If we're talking 25k then it opens the door for some pretty big bands coming to Dundee.

1 hour ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Charming. Why are all wee team fans so defensive and abusive?

£20m for a new ground. Around £1m interest charges on the loan per annum. How much rent will you be paying?

About £360 a month, but I dont see what me paying Aberdeenshire council has anything to do with it?

Charming. Why are all wee team fans so defensive and abusive?
£20m for a new ground. Around £1m interest charges on the loan per annum. How much rent will you be paying?

The £20M and £1M will be the concern of the stadium owners.

The rent will surely be set at a sensible rate in line with what the football club can afford.

They're surely banking on good income from non-footballing activities to see a return on their investment.

I'd reckon a 4-5% return would be seen as acceptable.

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

The £20M and £1M will be the concern of the stadium owners.

The rent will surely be set at a sensible rate in line with what the football club can afford.

They're surely banking on good income from non-footballing activities to see a return on their investment.

I'd reckon a 4-5% return would be seen as acceptable.

4-5% real return?

I think that's pretty low for the risk involved but then agin, as has already been said, maybe they're doing it just because they want to and it's not all about the money.

Fair enough, I couldn't figure out what the capacity would be for the stadium for a gig. If we're talking 25k then it opens the door for some pretty big bands coming to Dundee.

Also the Scottish national football and rugby teams might be tempted to play some diddy opposition at any new ground. It's clear that the city is crying out for a decent sized, modern stadium.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I don't think he gives a f**k and last season proofed it which I believe cost him a move in the summer.

Looking at his reactions when we do concede it looks like he does care to me. I seriously doubt any 'keeper likes to concede goals or dislikes keeping clean sheets. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Was that before or after he gave a few gestures to the home support.
We will let him go for nothing by end of this season. Hopefully he dosnt relegate us. N let's be honest we won't be getting another goalkeeper. Priorities has to go to a striker. Until Moussa is back then I presume he will go back into the squad

Sounds like your dislike for Bain has nothing to do with his ability as a goalkeeper so I doubt we can have a reasonable discussion about it or whether he cares or not, so fair enough I'll leave it at that. I sit in the Derry and honestly don't see him gesturing towards the home fans although this is not the first time I've heard it. Even so, if we get relegated it won't be because Bain has gestured towards the home fans and it won't be anything to do with his ability as a 'keeper IMO. 

From what I've heard, anytime Bain has gestured at the home fans, it's at specific individuals in the Coxy who've been dishing out dogs abuse to him so fair play to him. I've always wondered what these clowns think they'll achieve from slaughtering their own players other than pissing them off or making them nervous.

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

From what I've heard, anytime Bain has gestured at the home fans, it's at specific individuals in the Coxy who've been dishing out dogs abuse to him so fair play to him. I've always wondered what these clowns think they'll achieve from slaughtering their own players other than pissing them off or making them nervous.

Like I said, I've never actually seen it but you're right. If that is the case then it must be difficult not to react. Players are only human at the end of the day. 

Totally with this. Give out abuse game after game then complain when they get some back. Also don't have a clue what they think it achieves.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I sit in the Bobby Cox and this is probably true. He should try and ignore it because the more he reacts the more morons will jump on the bandwagon and add to the bad atmosphere. 

I've not seen any issues with Scott since Hartley left though so hopefully it's behind us.

On 18/08/2017 at 19:10, RandomGuy. said:

Johnstone is a massive huddy who'll run about barging into folk and not actually contributing much. Probably be useful for a team in the bottom half.

:lol:

This has worked out well for @RandomGuy. - the boy has just signed for St Johnstone. 

Was that before or after he gave a few gestures to the home support.
We will let him go for nothing by end of this season. Hopefully he dosnt relegate us. N let's be honest we won't be getting another goalkeeper. Priorities has to go to a striker. Until Moussa is back then I presume he will go back into the squad

Who gives a f**k if he reacts to the home support? Some of the abuse he gets is horrific and there's no way you can expect someone to take that on the chin. If someone came in to my workplace and called me a "useless c**t" and that i'm "fucking shite" i think they'd get more than a couple of hand gestures in return.

12 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Who gives a f**k if he reacts to the home support? Some of the abuse he gets is horrific and there's no way you can expect someone to take that on the chin. If someone came in to my workplace and called me a "useless c**t" and that i'm "fucking shite" i think they'd get more than a couple of hand gestures in return.

Criticism is fair enough as everybody is entitled to an opinion (Randomguy, Throbbersaint and fife arab excluded obvs) but taking it to the level of abuse they do is well out of order like - I'd definitely not be pleased if the same fuckers kept coming back and doing it week after week anyway!

Would you take that verbal abuse for working 90 minutes a week and say on 2 grand a week ? I've not said it's right the verbal abuse ( bobby cox for ye) but he has not did himself any favours by reacting. Why is nobody interested in him now ? They were before I think or I'm havering.
The three top players we had were Stewart and Hemmings and bain. We are stuck with bain because nobody wants him and he has a year left. That's how it is.

I do think he can have a poor attitude at times and last season I believe it did affect a few of his performances but still don't agree with the abuse he gets, and glad you feel the same.

He is back to his best now though I believe and in my opinion our best player. He will have no problem finding a new club when his contract runs out.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Would you take that verbal abuse for working 90 minutes a week and say on 2 grand a week ? I've not said it's right the verbal abuse ( bobby cox for ye) but he has not did himself any favours by reacting. Why is nobody interested in him now ? They were before I think or I'm havering.
The three top players we had were Stewart and Hemmings and bain. We are stuck with bain because nobody wants him and he has a year left. That's how it is.

I'm pretty sure its been since the whole squad started to down tools on Hartley after the Harkins bust up. The run of losses and leaked goals is going to ruin the rep of any keeper but he cant be held responsible for the shite we played last season.

I wasn't best pleased at him for acting like he was bigger than the manager but Hartley had proved himself to be a cock so we don't know exactly what happened and why but I think theres been more to it than just Bain wanting away.

+

Shows from the difference in him this season already that Hartley was part of his issue so I still think he'll get back close to his best this season & we'll hopefully get him signed up for longer or sold for a decent chunk of change.

Edit to add & like Rossdee says I doubt he'll be short of offers if he does go at the end of the season

Edited by locheedee