All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Surely you would be daft to go anywhere near Sow? Toys will come clean out the pram if he were signed then inevitably finds himself benched for Mullen and Jakubiak. Wouldn't be cheap either.

He won't be able to command much now after flopping pretty much everywhere he's been including in this division for about 6 year now, surely?

I'd be surprised if we sign him. Missed an absolute sitter tonight but seemed to link it up quite well going by the highlights.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Surely you would be daft to go anywhere near Sow? Toys will come clean out the pram if he were signed then inevitably finds himself benched for Mullen and Jakubiak. Wouldn't be cheap either.

His market value has plummeted over the last 2 years, and honestly he'd be lucky if any professional team would take that risk, so I don't think he'd be able to command a crazy wage, particularly for a 6-month deal. Personally still not convinced he's worth even that, but it's up to those in charge.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Missed an absolute sitter tonight but seemed to link it up quite well going by the highlights.

Think that's why he's still getting a look in, a big link-up man up top more for letting others push forward to shoot rather than taking the net on himself. Since we don't have Hemmings now, we have to look for about 3 players to make up for what he did for the team up front.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Just hand us the league just now. 

Imagine the collective heads gone from Gorgie if the league got cancelled again and we got handed the title while sitting on top.

As much as I would love that, I think part of the delayed start to our season is that we play less games and they can void it whenever they feel like.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thats a load of shite. 

Big up Hemmings,  but second time around he wasn't that great. 

Thats an awful statement 

Hemmings done a power of work last season, still netted 10+ goals and had very little service. Think what Ross said was spot on tbh.

It's hard to be great as a sole striker for a team that creates very little. I'm a bit gutted because Charlie Adam has the ability to put Hemmings into the same sort of positions that Stewart put him into and that'd have guaranteed us goals and plenty of them.

I just hope one of our strikers has half the nous and finishing ability that Hemmings has.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hemmings done a power of work last season, still netted 10+ goals and had very little service. Think what Ross said was spot on tbh.

Ah well we will disagree on this. He wasn't all that at all.

But then I think the same with McGowan also. 

3 players jobs. Good ane . 10 goals according to Google.  However you could be right on this.

Hopefully the youth keep having the hunger are given a chance. Eh will keep promoting this .

Hope is always their. Is why we are in this position when we gave the job to someone who hasn't a clue. 

Edited by G_Man1985

Ah well we will disagree on this. He wasn't all that at all.
But then I think the same with McGowan also. 
3 players jobs. Good ane . 10 goals according to Google.  However you could be right on this.
Hopefully the youth keep having the hunger are given a chance. Eh will keep promoting this .
Hope is always their. Is why we are in this position when we gave the job to someone who hasn't a clue. 

For me 3 players is pushing it but I thought he worked very hard and was by far our best striker, although that’s not saying much.

Really liked Afolabi’s goal. Great strike.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

For me 3 players is pushing it but I thought he worked very hard and was by far our best striker, although that’s not saying much.

Really liked Afolabi’s goal. Great strike.

He did well and being our best striker sadly wasn't hard considering other strikers didn't really get a look in ( maybe being c***s or attitude issues). However that's about it regarding him.

Agree regarding the strike.

Plenty players been brought in. More than what has been released ? 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Plenty players been brought in. More than what has been released ? 

I think it's 6 in and 6 out rn if you include Kyle Fleming going on loan to Annan, and Rodger leading. In terms of first team players, probably is more.

In:

Ashcroft, Mullen, Jakubiak, Adam, Hamilton, Afolabi.

Out:

Meekings, Field, Rodger, Nelson, Hemmings, Fleming.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

We're signing every facker going...

Ferrie looking any good as a starting GK!?

He's only started in two of the preseason games I think. One he seemed pretty pish and the other he did ok as far as reports have gone.

Sadly still think Hamilton sounds the better keeper...

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think it's 6 in and 6 out rn if you include Kyle Fleming going on loan to Annan, and Rodger leading. In terms of first team players, probably is more.

In:

Ashcroft, Mullen, Jakubiak, Adam, Hamilton, Afolabi.

Out:

Meekings, Field, Rodger, Nelson, Hemmings, Fleming.

Rodger and Fleming didn't think we were counting. But not bad for a team with no insurance pay out yet and no real cut backs.

I like it 👌 

Rodger and Fleming didn't think we were counting. But not bad for a team with no insurance pay out yet and no real cut backs.
I like it [emoji108] 

Gives me the fear. Where is all the money coming from?

Maybe it would have been better to go with youth and take our chances. Might be a lot of teams totally fûcked or gone in 12 months, I’d rather it wasn’t us.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Gives me the fear. Where is all the money coming from?

Maybe it would have been better to go with youth and take our chances. Might be a lot of teams totally fûcked or gone in 12 months, I’d rather it wasn’t us.

Go for broke n win the league. I'm sure we have people in the know here can tell us financially we are teckle.

No need to worry. Why go with youth when we just usually let them go ?