All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely delusional to be saying we should be winning the league when Hearts with likely more than treble our budget are in the league.

Bizarre and utter nonsense.

Also, f**k settling 4th to see a few extra youth players blooded in. 

So what is acceptable? 

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Maybe the ones loaned out just have not been good enough mate, none of them have set the heather on fire anywhere else.

Yeah, what should happen and what McPake does is usually 2 completely different things.

Seems like for the past while certainly youth has been shite 

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah but you could have said that for about 7 out of 12 teams in the Premiership last season before it started. I just don't think their squad is up to much.

Craig Gordon & Zdenek Zlamal are superior to both our keepers.

Halkett, Berra, Souttar and Smith would easily get a game for a top flight team and stroll right into our team. Indeed, we'd be delighted to have Berra back who couldn't get a sniff for Hearts in the second half of last season!

Hearts midfield is a bit suspect but the addition of Halliday will toughen that up and Jamie Walker is easily better than any wide option we have.

Naismith and Boyce are so far above this level it's unreal and should knock goals in for fun. I'd put them on par with the likes of Dorrans & Adam (Because of Adam's age) as being well above this level but in position we have zero comparison.

You're spot on that they underperformed and arguably had a top 6 squad and still got smashed every week but now they have a manager that has repeatedly smashed this league in a very boring style.

8 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

So what is acceptable? 

2nd. Anything less is unacceptable.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just had a look at Hearts' 1st team squad on Wikipedia. There are definitely some players I'd have in an instant - Naismith, Boyce, Berra, Halkett, but it doesn't look like it's miles ahead of what we have (at least outfield, anyway).

Remember how well Nielson did with the DABS trying to get them going in 2018-19? He's a decent manager, but he's no Jocky…..

We should be pushing Hearts and should be well ahead of the rest of the pack in 2nd at the very worst, but there are a couple of things that give me the fear, I presume it's fairly obvious who they are...

Quite simply put, we need to make Hearts earn the title. Of course they're favourites, but imo putting Rangers and Hibs aside, I'd say the majority of teams in this league are more balanced and tougher than the majority of teams they faced last time they were here. As long as we make them work for it and not make it easy for the favourites again I'll feel quite positive about this team.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Are Hearts much stronger in terms of squad though?

Funds yes, Manager yes, squad, I'm not so sure. This is the same team that were pumped regularly last season and have lost a couple of their more talented players. I think we have a much better balanced squad than last season.

I'm not writing us off before a ball is kicked.

2 words....Jack Hamilton. 

Let’s not kid ourselves on unless we get another keeper in we’re up against. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Gordon & Zdenek Zlamal are superior to both our keepers.

Halkett, Berra, Souttar and Smith would easily get a game for a top flight team and stroll right into our team. Indeed, we'd be delighted to have Berra back who couldn't get a sniff for Hearts in the second half of last season!

Hearts midfield is a bit suspect but the addition of Halliday will toughen that up and Jamie Walker is easily better than any wide option we have.

Naismith and Boyce are so far above this level it's unreal and should knock goals in for fun. I'd put them on par with the likes of Dorrans & Adam (Because of Adam's age) as being well above this level but in position we have zero comparison.

You're spot on that they underperformed and arguably had a top 6 squad and still got smashed every week but now they have a manager that has repeatedly smashed this league in a very boring style.

2nd. Anything less is unacceptable.

Halkett - 🤷🏼‍♂️
Souttar - injured, out for months

Haliday - 🤷🏼‍♂️

Walker - made of chocolate and has a recent injury history comparable to players at our club 

Naismith - great player but injury after injury now. 

Gordon - has he still got it? Hasn’t played for a couple of years. 

Right now our biggest fear is the goalkeeper situation rather than Hearts. We’ve next to no chance unless this improved. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just get the season started.

We still have the two biggest issues of last season and that's McPake and Hamilton. 

However roll on the football. Its needed.

Agree 100% with all of this. 

Wee Nicky won’t let us into the football though. Can’t be having people sitting in an outdoor environment but Pubs, Cinema’s and fucking Bingo halls are fair game. 😡 Not enamoured with her and Jason the dentist. What Scotsman still living in Scotland apart fae Jason Leitch has their sporting interest and team down as Baseball and the Boston fuckin Red Sox 😡 Those 2 couldn’t give a flying f**k about our national sport. 

Rant over. Thank you. 

Edited by Yenitit

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Agree 100% with all of this. 

Wee Nicky won’t let us into the football though. Can’t be having people sitting in an outdoor environment but Pubs, Cinema’s and fucking Bingo halls are fair game. 😡 Not enamoured with her and Jason the dentist. What Scotsman still living in Scotland apart fae Jason Leitch has their sporting interest and team down as Baseball and the Boston fuckin Red Sox 😡 Those 2 couldn’t give a flying f**k about our national sport. 

Rant over. Thank you. 

I would love to get to Dens as much as the next person, but even with distanced seating and all that, everyone still has to pass through the same turnstiles and it'd take an hour or two to get in and leave.

Plus the way football fans are made responsible for all anti social behaviour, we'd be made responsible for local outbreaks too.

We'll get back when it's right.

36 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Halkett - 🤷🏼‍♂️
Souttar - injured, out for months

Haliday - 🤷🏼‍♂️

Walker - made of chocolate and has a recent injury history comparable to players at our club 

Naismith - great player but injury after injury now. 

Gordon - has he still got it? Hasn’t played for a couple of years. 

Right now our biggest fear is the goalkeeper situation rather than Hearts. We’ve next to no chance unless this improved. 

Even if Gordon is completely past it, he's still on a different level to Ferrie & Hamilton combined!

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I would love to get to Dens as much as the next person, but even with distanced seating and all that, everyone still has to pass through the same turnstiles and it'd take an hour or two to get in and leave.

Plus the way football fans are made responsible for all anti social behaviour, we'd be made responsible for local outbreaks too.

Turnstiles aren’t required. Open the large exit gates in every end for gaining entry and exiting and no one will be near a turnstile and socially distant. 

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Yet go into a local supermarket and nobody gives a f**k about social distancing or even pretends to try to.

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Of course. That’s why our goalkeeping situation is the biggest issue 

Yet could of addressed this but have chosen this isn't an issue it seems.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Just let everybody in and if we all die then so be it, it'll save us from the bleeding of the eys we usually have to endure. 

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet go into a local supermarket and nobody gives a f**k about social distancing or even pretends to try to.

Yet could of addressed this but have chosen this isn't an issue it seems.

Think McPake knows it's an issue but Hamilton will be on a tidy wage, we have cover for the position and also needed bodies in elsewhere.