All things Dundee FC

Depth talent you are correct i have no idea. None of us do and havnt for a long time as the youngsters don't get given a real chance. Or if they are not good enough why aren't they? We seem to have did a lot when it comes to youth so is this now finally the year where we reap the rewards?
Just need to look across the road to see what youngsters they have given a shot to and stuck with and ultimately sold onto. Surely these players are in same pool and we should be looking at scouting wise ? 
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-highly-rated-young-dundee-united-defender-kerr-smith-to-join-aston-villa/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Not even heard of the player
When was the last time we sold a young player who didn't make our first team as we was that thought of ? 

Do these young lads or their parents never learn? Be far better staying at United, going out on loan first and getting 100 senior appearances under his belt.

I’ve no idea what our youth are like but surely at our level, if the coaching crew thought they were good enough they would get some sort of break? More than likely they have been just not good enough.

Slightly worrying there’s been no update on young Fin.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Do these young lads or their parents never learn? Be far better staying at United, going out on loan first and getting 100 senior appearances under his belt.

I’ve no idea what our youth are like but surely at our level, if the coaching crew thought they were good enough they would get some sort of break? More than likely they have been just not good enough.

Slightly worrying there’s been no update on young Fin.

They seem to be making some money out of them.  Was always curious if we are doing the same. If we have had 3 players last season who have went onto bigger n better then I will retreat statement

Got to be making money someway regarding players 

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Even being good enough its whether they get an actual chance. Easy to play for 10 minute cameos and then end of season we let them go. On loan they go out and then let we go.

Robertson signed a 3 year deal so that's good.

Kerr went on loan and when he came back did well.

Many players have did the same or been given a good chance?

Obviously hard for the manager to do this ( even he even has a clue what he is doing that is) but I'd take a year of introducing more youth players and finishing say 4th.

What? Why?

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Because I feel they won't be given a chance any other way.Would McPake take the gamble ? Would he f**k.

He hasnt a clue as it is. 

He's not a youth coach anymore, he's not there to develop young players, his job is to take us up. If he manages to take us up while giving youth a chance that's great, but f**k settling for 4th. 

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He's not a youth coach anymore, he's not there to develop young players, his job is to take us up. If he manages to take us up while giving youth a chance that's great, but f**k settling for 4th. 

We seem to be settling for second and thats with signing such as Adam and we have Dorrans. 

I've already said we should be winning this league 

4 minutes ago, The Derry said:

G Man you're such a weird little greeting face.  Not happy unless you're moaning about something.

Been called worse tbh.

Not at all. Simple season ahead. Manager has been backed by the board. This season im excited for.

N welcome to the forum 

Edited by G_Man1985

Age should have nothing to do with it imo. If the youngsters are good enough/better than what we have in their position, they should play. 

Their development should come from substitute appearances and waiting for their chance via injury or poor performance of a senior player, just like players coming back from injury etc. Or loan them out on 6 month deals.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Age should have nothing to do with it imo. If the youngsters are good enough/better than what we have in their position, they should play. 

Their development should come from substitute appearances and waiting for their chance via injury or poor performance of a senior player, just like players coming back from injury etc. Or loan them out on 6 month deals.

When we loan them out how many have came back and had a proper chance? 

Poor performance of senior players..... this is where you would hope McPake does the right thing. Going from last season some of the substitutions were baffling 

Absolutely delusional to be saying we should be winning the league when Hearts with likely more than treble our budget are in the league.

Bizarre and utter nonsense.

Also, f**k settling 4th to see a few extra youth players blooded in. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

When we loan them out how many have came back and had a proper chance? 

Poor performance of senior players..... this is where you would hope McPake does the right thing. Going from last season some of the substitutions were baffling 

Maybe the ones loaned out just have not been good enough mate, none of them have set the heather on fire anywhere else.

Yeah, what should happen and what McPake does is usually 2 completely different things.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

We're not winning the league. Hearts are much stronger in terms of squad, probably in terms of funds and have a better manager. Thinking we should win the league is delusional. 2nd should be achievable.

Are Hearts much stronger in terms of squad though?

Funds yes, Manager yes, squad, I'm not so sure. This is the same team that were pumped regularly last season and have lost a couple of their more talented players. I think we have a much better balanced squad than last season.

I'm not writing us off before a ball is kicked.

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are Hearts much stronger in terms of squad though?

I'd have both keepers ahead of ours. All of their defenders ahead of ours. All of their midfielders ahead everyone bar Adam, Dorrans and Fin and all of their strikers ahead of ours. Their squad is unreal for this level. If Neilson get the team to play to half of their potential they'll walk this league. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd have both keepers ahead of ours. All of their defenders ahead of ours. All of their midfielders ahead everyone bar Adam, Dorrans and Fin and all of their strikers ahead of ours. Their squad is unreal for this level. If Neilson get the team to play to half of their potential they'll walk this league. 

Yeah but you could have said that for about 7 out of 12 teams in the Premiership last season before it started. I just don't think their squad is up to much.